Find a pro in Hartwick, Iowa
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such an important part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Hartwick, Iowa. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Hartwick, Iowa
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Hartwick, Iowa. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to assist. With our powerful app, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Hartwick, Iowa. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your property now.