Find a pro in Leon, Iowa
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really delay the project. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Leon, IA
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Leon, IA. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for your project.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to help. With our powerful app, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Leon, IA. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your house right away.