Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Marshalltown, Iowa
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are a few perks to cabinet refinishing?
Cabinet refinishing is a very advantageous home improvement project that plenty of homeowners find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of buying new ones is a good way to limit your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of constructing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when you choose to repurpose current furniture rather than replace it. A few other amazing perks of deciding on cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and hanging new kitchen cabinets can be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to drastically switch up the aesthetic of your kitchen through relatively little work or money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and easy method to update their look compared to installing new ones. Because you're reusing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the long process of having new cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- High-Quality Results: You'll receive professional results when you hire a competent contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is critical to ensure your cabinets look as you wished, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
I know of refacing cabinets - is it similar to refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used interchangeably, but there are distinct differences between the two and professional contractors will need to know which service you want. Refacing is a process of replacing the doors or drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing updates the existing doors or drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method features its own unique approach and delivers a certain outcome in the look of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How frequently do I need to refinish cabinets
One of the best advantages about wood is that it is able to be refinished many times to make the product look as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times you can refinish cabinets depends on several factors, including the strength of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How many years your refinished cabinets will last before the service must be repeated depends on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A well-done cabinet refinishing project could last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
How do I know if cabinet refinishing is the best project to bring my vision to life?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more cost-effective than buying new models and is a wise investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or decayed, it could be more cost-effective to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If environmental sustainability is one of your biggest values, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to reduce waste by refreshing your current cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a huge variety of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is wholly unique and suits your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your home, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective project to enhance your property's value and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets could already work perfectly with your kitchen's design and give ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing requires less chaos to your lifestyle compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Residents in Marshalltown, Iowa have related paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before deciding on cabinet refinishing, weigh your specific needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to understand if this option is best for you.
One Platform With All The Information Necessary To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher in Marshalltown, Iowa With Confidence
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the aesthetic of your home by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to give a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary perks, and many homeowners in Marshalltown, Iowa have reported paying as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your house in the process.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why many homeowners are beginning to refinish used cabinets instead of buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for wood materials.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process is much less disruptive to your home than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're hung will likely need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their experience and expertise through pictures of their past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Marshalltown, Iowa confidently.