Find a pro in Milo, Iowa
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Milo, IA. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this can really postpone the job. If a storm is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Usually, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Milo, IA
You can rely on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Milo, IA. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for your project.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free solution to hire the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our platform.