Find a pro in North Liberty, Iowa
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really delay the job. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several things that will establish the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in North Liberty, IA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in North Liberty, IA. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient solution to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our app.