Find a pro in Oakland, Iowa
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your home. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such an important part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Oakland, IA
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Oakland, IA. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for your project.
It's crucial to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Aside from leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient solution to hire the best contractors for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our platform.