Find a pro in Pleasantville, Iowa
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Pleasantville, Iowa. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Pleasantville, Iowa
If you need roofing maintenance services in Pleasantville, Iowa, then our platform is the answer. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you’re looking for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy way to hire the right contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our platform.