Find a pro in Shenandoah, Iowa
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can call a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time to book.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your home. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Shenandoah, Iowa
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in Shenandoah, Iowa, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our app also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to help. With our streamlined app, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Shenandoah, Iowa. Find the perfect contractor for your home now.