Find a Cabinet Painter in Storm Lake, Iowa
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Iowa // Storm Lake
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Which type of paint do you use with cabinets?
A commonly asked question pertains to the kind of paint used on cabinets and if there is a difference between it and that used with walls. There are differences due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the type of paint preferred for interior walls will face some challenges when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have slippery surfaces due to the materials used in their construction to give them their elegant appearance. Common wall paints will not adhere properly to cabinets or start chipping or flaking away prematurely. The kind of paint contractors choose for cabinets contains adhesives that helps it stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also requires longer drying and curing times than those typically applied to walls.
Will any cabinet painting contractor do for my job?
Comparing cabinet painters to find the perfect one for your needs and vision requires a substantial amount of consideration. The first place to start is by understanding exactly what look you want to accomplish for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to see a sample of their past work aligning with your vision beforehand to get a sense of their experience and ability. Dependable contractors will be pleased to grant this request, and many retain a portfolio for potential clients to browse through on their in-person or online.
You need to have a defined budget in mind while choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices often fluctuate widely. Check that any professional you consider gives documentation of all equipment and labor expenses as well as clear verbal communication during the process about it's timeline. What you don't need is for any surprises to occur after the project begins that can raise costs higher than you budgeted for.
Give attention to the contractor's dependability by evaluating any online customer reviews. Most professional painters will have comments and reviews from previous clients available online, and these are also an efficient way to judge their ability to deliver the services you need on time and on budget.
Is the tedious prep stage necessary prior to painting my cabinets?
It's always tempting to quickly start painting and get your kitchen remodeling project going, but there is some prep that needs to happen first to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting can quickly become an overwhelming project when attempting it alone, but a professional can quickly and effectively bring your vision to reality beginning with the most common prepping steps of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's critical that any dirt or grease are fully cleaned from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it might affect their adherence. The cleaning step is also the right time to disassemble the cabinets and its hardware, such as doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next stages easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made great strides, and there are products today which contractors use to make one of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that easily removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the dusty process of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers can also penetrate to any places that are exceedingly challenging to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is mandatory in some cases, as it serves many important purposes for the painting that follows, such as allowing for better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the previous paint is oil-based and you apply a latex paint before priming, it will only peel off and need to be repainted sooner than you'd like.
What is the usual cost for an experienced cabinet painter?
There are several factors that play into the cost of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint is needed, and the labor costs of the contractor. Around Storm Lake, Iowa, you could pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, so it's recommended to first seek out quotes from various contractors listed on the Thumbtack site to get an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, painters might charge you based on square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Variety of Paint and Finish: The painter will need to recoup the cost of paint and other equipment if you aren't providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon cost of paints utilized with cabinet painting range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for high-quality brands with a gallon usually being enough for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expenditure when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what time of the year or how fast you want the job completed.
You'll need to talk about your kitchen's particular cabinets and layout as well as your vision for them with more than one professional to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Beautify Your Cabinets for Less With an Experienced Cabinet Painter Near Storm Lake, Iowa
A quick way to increase the appeal of your property and refresh the look of your kitchen simultaneously is by hiring an experienced cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets can be a cost-efficient choice over expensive replacements that also requires less messes and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Many kinds of wood, manufactured wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of wear and tear and give them a new look that will match your evolving tastes.
The cost of a professional cabinet painter in Storm Lake, Iowa varies, but some customers still report spending as much as three times less on their painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Other than the fluctuation in labor rates charged by contractors in your location, aspects such as the kind of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will dictate how much you pay in the end. Be sure to start by coming up with a budget and then inquire several different painting contractors to figure out an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also perks for the environment when you opt to let a professional paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and install new models. The manufacturing methods with wood and metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the air, and discarding wood cabinets fills up landfills and heightens demand for logging. Your present cabinets might be in decent enough condition to easily paint, refinish, and hang with a fresh new look that you'll love.
When hunting for the best cabinet painting contractor matching your budget and needs, you should evaluate their customer reviews, gallery of previous work, and inquire about pricing and schedule. A reliable painter will be willing to show you their history of executing projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will talk with you about your cabinets and vision so you know exactly what to expect when the job is complete. Find all the information needed to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter in Storm Lake, Iowa easily with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.