Find a pro in Tabor, Iowa
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to postpone the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Generally, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Tabor, Iowa
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Tabor, Iowa, there's no better way to find them. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing project.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy solution to find the best contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.