Find a pro in Toledo, Iowa
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Toledo, IA. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Toledo, IA
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Toledo, IA, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing contractors you'll discover on our site have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell when you need a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free way to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our app.