Find a Cabinet Painter in Aberdeen, Idaho
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Idaho // Aberdeen
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Should I use the same paint on my walls to refresh the style of my cabinets?
An often asked question is about the kind of paint used for cabinets and if there is a difference between it and the paint used with walls. There are differences because cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the kind of paint usually used for interior walls will face some difficulties when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces because of the materials used in their construction to give them their modern aesthetic. Typical wall paints might not stick sufficiently to cabinets or begin chipping or flaking away prematurely. The kind of paint contractors use for cabinets has adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also requires extended time to dry and cure than those usually applied to walls.
Will any cabinet painting contractor suffice for my job?
Comparing cabinet painters to uncover the best one for your needs and style takes a substantial amount of work. A good place to start is by understanding precisely what style you're trying to achieve with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to see samples of their previous work aligning with what you're looking for beforehand to get a sense of their experience and ability. Reliable contractors will be pleased to accommodate this request, and many retain a gallery of pictures for potential clients to browse through on their in-person or online.
You need to have a set budget in mind while shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs sometimes fluctuate significantly. Make sure that any professional you hire provides written statements of all material and labor expenses and gives clear verbal communication during the project about it's expected completion. The last thing you need is for any surprises to occur once the project has started that will raise costs higher than you budgeted for.
Give attention to the contractor's dependability by checking their online client reviews. Most professional painters will have comments and reviews from previous clients for view online, and these are also a great way to judge their ability to deliver the services you need on time and on budget.
Is the difficult prep stage necessary prior to painting my cabinets?
It's may be enticing to quickly begin painting and get your home improvement project going, but there is some prep that needs to be done beforehand to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting can quickly become an overwhelming task when attempting it on your own, but a professional will quickly and effectively bring your vision to reality starting with the most common prepping steps of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's critical that all dirt and grime are completely removed from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it might hinder their adherence. The cleaning step is also a good time to take apart the cabinets and its hardware, including drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next steps easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made notable leaps, and there are products that contractors use to make some of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that quickly removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the dusty process of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers can also penetrate to those edges that are exceedingly challenging to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be mandatory in most cases, as it serves many important purposes for the painting that follows, such as enabling better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint is oil-based and you apply a latex paint without priming, it will only peel away and require repainting sooner than expected.
What factors are considered when it comes to establishing price of painting cabinets?
There are several factors that affect the price of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint will be used, and the labor costs of the contractor. Around Aberdeen, ID, you could pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, so it's advised to first seek out quotes from various contractors listed on the Thumbtack platform to get an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Size or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, painters might bill you based on square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: Your contractor will have to recoup the price of materials unless you're providing them, and these usually vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints used in cabinet refinishing range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for high-quality brands with one gallon usually being enough for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your largest expense when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what time of the year or how soon you want the job completed.
You'll need to discuss your home's specific cabinets and layout as well as your vision for them with more than one professional to find the best price.
Hire a Cabinet Painter in Aberdeen, ID to Bring Your Vision to Life
A smart way to enhance the value of your property and update the look of your kitchen at the same time is by hiring an experienced cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets can be a cost-effective alternative to expensive replacements that also results in less messes and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Many types of wood, manufactured wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to conceal years of heavy use and deliver a new look that will match your evolving style preferences.
The price of a professional cabinet painting contractor near Aberdeen, ID varies, but some homeowners still report spending as much as three times less on their painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Other than the difference in labor rates charged by contractors in your area, aspects like the kind of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will dictate how much you pay in the end. Be sure to start by coming up with a budget and then inquire several different painting contractors to figure out an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also advantages for the world when you choose to let a professional paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and install new models. The manufacturing methods with wood or metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the environment, and throwing out wood cabinets fills up landfills and heightens demand for logging. Your existing cabinets could be in good enough shape to easily paint, refinish, and hang with a fresh new look that you'll love.
When searching for the right cabinet painting contractor matching your budget and needs, you should look at their client reviews, gallery of previous work, and ask questions about pricing and schedule. A dependable contractor will be willing to share their history of delivering projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will talk with you about your cabinets and vision so you know precisely what to expect when the project is complete. Discover all the information needed to vet and hire a professional cabinet painter near Aberdeen, ID confidently with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.