Find a pro in Athol, Idaho
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in Athol, ID. Storms will make working conditions awful and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Athol, ID
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance contractors in Athol, ID. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free option to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our app.