Find a pro in Franklin, Idaho
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Franklin, ID. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Generally, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Idaho // Franklin
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Franklin, ID
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Franklin, ID. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.