Find a pro in Garden City, Idaho
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Garden City, ID
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Garden City, ID. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, so you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for your project.
It's essential to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy way to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our app.