Find a Pro in Idaho Falls, Idaho
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are the benefits of updating my residence through interior painting?
The short answer is yes, and there are other valuable advantages to be had from interior painting projects:
- Increase the Value of Your Residence: A professional paint job can communicate to potential buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your property. It can also help sell a house that's on the market quicker, even above its asking price. Even if you are not contemplating selling your house in the near future, a good interior paint job by a professional painter can last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your property that really pays for itself.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is a relatively low-cost project to update your house, it is one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy space. If you haven't painted your home in the past few years and have boring colors that you either don't like anymore or never chose, your rooms may not feel like a space where you truly feel comfortable. Also, growing numbers of residents are working from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior in your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on which option you go with, the right paint color can help you feel differently — calm and relaxed (blues and greens), lively and productive (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Property: Getting your interior painted strengthens your house now and prevents future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are manufactured with components which naturally absorb moisture. Eventually, too much absorption can lead to degraded walls which can be dangerous to your home's structural integrity. Water inside walls is a catalyst for mold growth which can lead to health dangers. Paint is designed to seal out water from getting into the porous walls of your property.
- Improve Air Quality in and Around Your Residence: Paints now are produced with low or no VOCs. In case you or your loved ones have allergies, breathing issues, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and a great option for your household. A fresh coat of paint also limits dust and other particles to a minimum which will enhance your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your Home Look Great: Most residences have flaws and blemishes. Walls often show dents, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your house over time. Getting your home's interior painted eliminates those cosmetic issues and can make your room look refreshed and clean. A fresh coat of paint applied by a professional contractor will also update your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
What's the period of minimum demand for painters?
One of the biggest advantages about booking within the colder months is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The chillier conditions often keep most homeowners from doing projects, so professional painters are more readily available.
As a result, they might be able to decrease their rates than what they typically do in peak times of the year like summer. This is when most painters are booked around the clock for months on end.
How frequently should I think about repainting my house's exterior?
Cracked and chipped paint are some obvious things to watch out for; however, there are also some less obvious things that can cause issues too. Exterior painting can be a big project, so it's always a good idea to book professional painters.
What can make this difficult is there is no set timeframe to repaint, because every home differs from the other. A lot of experts express that you'll need to paint every five to ten years. This will be determined by other variables such as where you're located, climate, and the previous paint job.
Having recently become a homeowner, you could be in the dark about the last painting date of the house. It's a good idea to try and find out, because possessing in-depth information about the paint job can be critical. The variety of paint used, its quality, how many coats were applied, and even the color selected can all affect its durability. It's also helpful to know the time of year in which it was painted, because whether your house was painted on a bright or cloudy day can affect how well the paint dries.
What are the services of a residential painter?
Examples of the services a professional painter typically performs include:
- Pick Colors: When struggling to select the ideal colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. Services like this will save you time, and you can depend on the experience of your vetted painter.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a difficult time adhering to surfaces that aren't fully cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter knows this and will handle this prep stage before painting begins.
- Keep an Eye Out for Damages: As your residential painting service preps for the paint job, they will assess surfaces for trouble signs. A professional painting contractor will tell you if they see anything such as rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These surfaces need to be addressed before the project can commence, of course. Your service may then recommend reliable contractors to make these repairs, or they could handle it themselves.
- Carry Out Light Fixes: The best painters are proficient at performing such repairs. These include drywall repairs, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. By employing an expert painter, you likely don't have to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has cleaned your home's surfaces, assessed for structural issues, and performed necessary repairs, they can commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
Vetted Residential Painters Near Near Idaho Falls, Idaho
When you're looking for a dependable residential painter in Idaho Falls, Idaho, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the perfect contractor suiting your budget and schedule. Painting your home is an excellent option to bring new life into your residence while also significantly increasing your home's curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively economical and fast home improvement project that provides a good return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a freshly painted home can boost your comfort and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A skilled and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you have to life or make great suggestions about various paint types and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Various colors can even evoke a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and inside of your house also provides several practical benefits for its longevity. Paint works as a layer of defense to secure surfaces from a host of problems caused by insects, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the worst causes of home decay, but the sealing ability of a professional paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert handiwork will refresh the appearance of your residence inside and out, notably increasing its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one site that organizes all the necessary information to help you find the best painting contractor for the job. Easily browse through profiles of professional painters in Idaho Falls, Idaho and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also allows you to directly communicate with professional residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Use Thumbtack for yourself now and begin narrowing down your search for the pro who can deliver the quality and value you deserve.