Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Kellogg, Idaho
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why will cabinet refinishing be the best option for my kitchen?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than purchasing new ones and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it could be more cost-effective to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If environmental sustainability is a priority, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to reduce landfill trash by upcycling your existing cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a wide variety of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is wholly unique and matches your sense of style.
- Trying To Achieve a Better Return on Investment: If you're planning to sell your home, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively affordable way to boost your property's value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets could already fit in perfectly with your kitchen's layout and give ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal chaos to your daily life compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Homeowners in Kellogg, ID have reported spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to deciding on cabinet refinishing, analyze your specific preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to discover if this project is best for you.
What certifications or licenses will a cabinet refinishing contractor typically possess?
Though there may not be industry-mandated licenses specifically for cabinet refinishing contractors, there are some qualifications and indicators of expertise that you can refer to when hiring someone to refinish your cabinets. Most professional contractors will prominently display any certifications in carpentry, woodworking, or a related field on their Thumbtack page.
You should ask the contractor you are thinking about hiring for photos of cabinets they have refinished in the past, especially for results that are similar to the style you're trying to achieve. Other than a portfolio, most professional contractors will showcase their experience and reputation with online client feedback.
A reliable professional can provide a detailed written estimate of the job before it begins, listing the scope of services, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors should possess excellent communication skills and a readiness to answer all of your questions and concerns regarding cost, schedule, and craftsmanship during the refinishing project. It would be wise to also ask about any warranties or guarantees from a contractor, which is another factor that can demonstrate they have faith in the quality of their workmanship.
How is cabinet refinishing done?
A professional handling your cabinet refinishing task will follow an established process for speed and excellent results. There are generally numerous steps taken to transform the aesthetic of existing cabinets, including:
- Assessment and Prepping: Cabinets should be first evaluated to ensure they are in good enough condition for refinishing. If so, all hardware will be disassembled, including handles, knobs, and hinges, and the surfaces will be cleaned to remove any dirt, grease, or other residue.
- Repair and Fill: Some small damage, like scratches, dings, and other blemishes in the wood will be repaired or filled to better blend in when staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Your choice of paint, stain, or finishing technique will be applied in smooth, even coats to accomplish the style you've envisioned. The drying and curing stage is vital to ensuring a professional result, and could need a few hours to accomplish.
- Reassembly: After your paint or stain has dried, all gear will be reattached and cabinets fully reassembled for use. Performing a quality inspection will ensure the finished results meets your expectations, which includes a last cleanup of the complete work area.
It's important to keep in mind that any refinishing process can vary based on aspects like the size of cabinets and the chosen finish. Furthermore, contractors may employ specialized techniques, such as distressing or glazing, to achieve specific stylistic results, which could require a longer process with more steps. Be sure to speak directly with anyone you hire to guarantee they have the skill to bring your vision to life.
What kind of perks should I expect when deciding to refinish my cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly beneficial home improvement task that many people find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of totally replacing them is a good practice to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The process of manufacturing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly diminished when people choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than throw it out. Some other excellent perks of deciding on cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and hanging new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can dramatically switch up the style of your kitchen with relatively little work or resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and easy method to update their look compared to installing new ones. Because you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the long process of having new cabinets built from scratch and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect high-quality results when you allow a competent contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is critical to make sure your cabinets come out as you wished, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
Employ a Professional for Cabinet Refinishing in Kellogg, ID
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the style of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, like paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to give a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary perks, and many people in Kellogg, ID have reported spending as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your home simultaneously.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why many people are starting to refinish used cabinets instead of buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process is many times less chaotic to your home than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're hung will likely need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for anyone on a tight schedule.
When selecting a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their knowledge and reliability through pictures of their past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Kellogg, ID with confidence.