Find a Pro in Lewiston, Idaho
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What all does a residential painter do?
Here are examples of what an expert painter will help with:
- Pick Colors: If you're struggling to find the best colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. This can save you time, and you can rely on the experience of your hired professional.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a harder time adhering to surfaces that aren't properly cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter knows this and can handle this prep stage before painting begins.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your residential painting service prepares for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for damage. A professional painting contractor will tell you if they discover anything such as rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These issues must be addressed before painting can start, of course. Your service might then recommend reliable contractors to make these repairs, or they will handle it themselves.
- Conduct Repairs: Expert painters are proficient at carrying out such fixes. These include drywall repairs, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper removal, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. By enlisting an expert painter, you likely don't have to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has cleaned the home's surfaces, assessed for structural issues, and conducted necessary repairs, they will start painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the usual hourly cost for painters?
Typically, a painting contractor's price on services varies from $22 to $43 per hour, without tax or product included.
Bear in mind that this cost is for the painting services themselves to pay a painting contractor hourly. Therefore, that price does not reflect the addition of insurance, tax, equipment, or any gallons of paint.
What are the benefits of updating my residence through interior painting?
The short answer is yes, and these are other valuable benefits gained from interior painting projects:
- Boost the Appeal of Your Residence: A good paint job will communicate to potential buyers that you have taken good care of your home. It will also help sell a home that's on the market faster, even above its asking price. Even if you are not thinking about listing your home in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by an expert painter could last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your home that truly pays off.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is a relatively budget-friendly way to update your house, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more comforting and happy place. If you haven't painted your house recently or have older colors that you either don't like anymore or didn't choose, your rooms may not feel like a space where you truly feel comfortable. Also, many residents are choosing to work from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the colors in your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on what color scheme you choose, a new paint color will affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Home: Getting your interior painted strengthens your home now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are manufactured with components which naturally retain moisture. Eventually, too much absorption will lead to compromised walls which can be risky to your home's structural integrity. Moisture behind walls is a catalyst for mold growth which can lead to health risks. Paint is designed to seal out moisture from getting into the porous walls of your property.
- Strengthen Air Quality in and Around Your Residence: Paints currently are manufactured with low or zero volatile organic compounds. If you or your loved ones have allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and a great option for your property. A new coat of paint also keeps dirt and other pollutants to a minimum which will boost your household's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your House Look Amazing: All residences harbor flaws and blemishes. Walls frequently obtain scratches, dings, and marks from the use of your home over the years. Getting your house's interior painted removes those imperfections and will make your home look refreshed and clean. A fresh coat of paint applied by a vetted contractor will also modernize your home with a contemporary look.
What is the least busiest time of year for painters?
One of the biggest advantages to booking during the winter season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The weather often keeps people from doing home improvement projects, so painters have the availability.
For that reason, they might be able to decrease their rates than what they normally charge in peak seasons like summer. This is when most painters are booked around the clock for months on end.
Hire an Experienced House Painter To Beautify Your Living Spaces Near Near Lewiston, ID
When you need a dependable residential painter near Lewiston, ID, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the right contractor for your budget and needs. Painting your home is a smart choice to bring new life into your property while also significantly boosting your home's value. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively low-cost and fast home improvement project that gives a good return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a newly painted house can elevate your comfort and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A skilled and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you have to reality or make excellent suggestions about various paint types and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Various colors will even impart a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and inside of your home also gives several useful benefits for its longevity. Paint works as a sealant to protect surfaces from a range of issues caused by insects, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the leading causes of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a good paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional handiwork will beautify your residence inside and out, significantly boosting its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an easy-to-use site that organizes all the important information to let you discover the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently search through profiles of vetted painters in Lewiston, ID and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique platform also allows you to directly message expert residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Try Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your hunt for the pro who will deliver the quality services you deserve.