Find a pro in Murphy, Idaho
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential component of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Murphy, ID. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Murphy, ID
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Murphy, ID, then our platform is the answer. The roofing companies you'll discover on our site have the qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.