Find a Pro in Nampa, Idaho
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
How much do most painters charge hourly?
Typically, a painter's price on services varies from $22 to $43 per hour, and that excludes taxes or overhead.
Take into account that this cost is for the labor of painting services to pay a painting contractor per hour. Insurance, tax, equipment, or the paint itself is not added in that cost.
Can interior painting give an adequate ROI?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and there are other valuable benefits to be had from interior painting services:
- Increase the Appeal of Your House: A professional paint job can display to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your residence. It can also help sell a home that's on the market quicker, even over asking price. Even if you are not contemplating selling your home in the near future, a good interior paint job by an expert painter can last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement investment with one of the best ROIs when considering the impact on property value and buyer interest.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is an economical project to update your residence, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy space. If you have not painted your house recently or have poor colors that you either don't like anymore or didn't choose, your rooms may not be a space where you truly feel comfortable. Also, many residents are working at home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on the option you choose, the right paint color can affect your mood as you desire — calm and rested (blues and greens), lively and productive (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Property: Having your interior painted secures your home now and prevents future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are manufactured with components which easily absorb moisture. Over time, enough absorption can result in degraded walls which can be detrimental to your house's structural integrity. Water within walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health concerns. Paint is designed to seal out moisture from getting through the porous walls of your home.
- Enhance Air Quality Throughout Your House: Paints now are manufactured with low or zero VOCs. In case you or your loved ones have allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and a great choice for your interior. A new coat of paint also limits dirt and other particles to a minimum which will improve your home's air quality even more.
- Make Your House Look Amazing: All houses have flaws and imperfections. Walls often have dents, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your home over time. Having your house's interior painted eliminates all imperfections and can make your room look updated and clean. A lustrous coat of paint put on by an expert contractor will also update your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
What is the least busiest season of year for painting contractors?
A major benefit to booking during the colder months is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The weather often keeps people from doing home improvement projects, so painting professionals are more readily available.
Therefore, they might be able to charge a lower price than what they typically do in busier seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are booked around the clock for months on end.
What is the estimated labor cost to paint the rooms of a house?
The cost to paint the interior of your home depends on the overall size of the room. One 300-square-foot area will be much more affordable than the entire home, especially a larger residence.
On average, expect to pay between $3 and $7 per square foot when employing a nearby professional to paint the interior of your home. You'll pay less if you paint the interior yourself or live in a region with low labor rates. However, other factors can cause the job to cost even more, and you may spend up to $8 per square foot or higher if you have high ceilings, need structural repair, or want accent walls.
Reliable House Painters Serving in Nampa, ID
When you're searching for a good house painter near Nampa, ID, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor who meets your budget and schedule. Painting your home is an excellent option to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly increasing your home's curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively affordable and fast home improvement project that gives a big return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a beautifully painted house works to boost your peace and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you have to reality or offer great suggestions about different paint types and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Various colors can even impart a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and interior of your home also brings several practical benefits for its durability. Paint acts as a layer of defense to secure the wood from a host of issues caused by insects, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the worst causes of structural decay, but the sealing function of a quality paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional work will beautify your residence inside and out, significantly boosting its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one site that brings together all the necessary information to help you discover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily look through profiles of vetted painters in Nampa, ID and nearby areas prioritizing the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique system also allows you to directly contact professional house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Explore Thumbtack for yourself now and begin narrowing down your hunt for the pro who can deliver the quality and value you need.