Find a Pro in your areaIdaho
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearPainting // Idaho
- American Falls
- Atomic City
- Bonners Ferry
- Coeur D Alene
- Fish Haven
- Fort Hall
- Garden City
- Garden Valley
- Glenns Ferry
- Idaho Falls
- Island Park
- Lake Fork
- Lava Hot Springs
- Macks Inn
- Malad City
- Mountain Home
- Moyie Springs
- New Plymouth
- Post Falls
- Priest River
- Saint Anthony
- Saint Charles
- Saint Maries
- Soda Springs
- Spirit Lake
- Sugar City
- Twin Falls
- White Bird
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What does it typically cost for labor to paint the inside of a residence?
The cost to paint the inside of your house depends on the dimensions of the space. A single 300-square-foot room will be much more economical than the entire home, especially a spacious home.
On average, expect to spend between $3 and $7 per square foot when hiring a local painter to paint the inside of your house. You'll spend less if you paint the interior yourself or live in a region with low labor costs. However, other factors can raise the cost even more, and you may spend up to $8 per square foot or higher if you have tall ceilings, need structural repair, or want accents.
How frequently should I think about repainting my house's exterior?
There are some obvious things to look out for, such as cracking and chipping paint; however, there are also some less evident things that can create problems as well. Exterior painting is a pretty extensive project, so it's never a bad idea to hire painting specialists.
Unfortunately, there is no set time to repaint, since every home differs from the other. Most professionals say that you'll need to paint approximately within five to ten years. This will be determined by factors like where you're located, climate, and the previous paint job.
If you've recently purchased a new home, you could be in the dark about the last painting date of the house. It's always recommended to try and find out, since possessing detailed information about the paint job can make a big difference. The variety of paint used, the quality of paint, how many coats were applied, and even the color chosen can all impact its lifespan. It may be helpful to know the time of year in which it was painted, since whether your home was painted on a bright or overcast day can impact how well the paint dried.
What are examples of services I can expect my residential painting contractor to offer?
Some of the services a vetted painter typically performs include:
- Choose Colors: If you're struggling to select the most suitable colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can help you in this regard. Services like this will save you time, and you can depend on the experience of your hired expert.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a difficult time adhering to surfaces that aren't properly cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter knows this and will handle the prep stage before painting begins.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your home painting service prepares for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for issues. A knowledgeable painting contractor will tell you if they find anything such as rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These issues need to be addressed before the project can commence, of course. Your painter might then suggest other dependable contractors to make these repairs, or they may handle it themselves.
- Carry Out Light Fixes: The best painting contractors are proficient at carrying out such fixes. These include drywall fixes, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. When employing a professional painter, you likely don't have to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has prepped your home's surfaces, checked for damage, and performed necessary repairs, they can commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
How much will painting contractors typically charge by the hour?
The average painter's cost of labor ranges between $22-$43 an hour, not counting tax or product included.
Remember that this cost is for the painting services themselves to pay a painting contractor hourly. For that reason, that price does not include the addition of insurance, tax, tools, or the paint itself.
Discover a Professional Residential Painter To Update Your Living Spaces Near Near Your AreaIdaho
When you need a dependable residential painter near your areaID, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the perfect contractor for your budget and schedule. Painting your house is a great option to bring new life into your property while also significantly boosting its curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively affordable and fast home improvement project that provides a great ROI in more ways than one.
How a newly painted house can boost your peace and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A skilled and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to reality or offer great recommendations about different paint types and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Some colors can even impart a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and inside of your house also brings many useful advantages for its durability. Paint acts as a layer of defense to secure surfaces from a host of problems caused by bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the worst culprits of structural decay, but the sealing function of a quality paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert results will refresh the appearance of your property inside and out, significantly raising its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one site that collects all the relevant information to let you uncover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently search through profiles of professional painters in your areaID and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique system also allows you to directly contact professional residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Explore Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your hunt for a pro who can deliver the quality services you deserve.