Find a Pro in Post Falls, Idaho
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What all does a residential painter do?
Some of the tasks an expert painter typically conducts include:
- Select Colors: When struggling to pick the most suitable colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will provide invaluable advice. This will save you time, and you can depend on the knowledge of your hired expert.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a difficult time adhering to surfaces that haven't been properly cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter knows this and will handle the prep stage before painting starts.
- Identify Damages: As your residential painter prepares for the project, they will assess surfaces for damage. A knowledgeable painting contractor will tell you if they find anything like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These damages need to be remediated before painting can commence, of course. Your professional may then suggest other trustworthy contractors to make these repairs, or they will handle it themselves.
- Perform Light Fixes: Expert painters are proficient at conducting such repairs. These include drywall repairs, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. By hiring an expert painter, you likely don't need to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painter has cleaned the home's surfaces, checked for damage, and made necessary repairs, they will commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the common rate per hour for most painters?
The average painter's cost of labor varies from $22-$43 an hour, and that excludes taxes or overhead.
Remember that this pricing is for the labor of painting services to pay a painting contractor per hour. That's only for the service. Insurance, taxes, equipment, or the paint itself is not added in that price.
Will interior painting provide an adequate return on investment?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and these are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Boost the Appeal of Your Residence: A good paint job will display to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your home. Interior painting will also help sell a house that's on the market faster, even above its listing price. Even if you are not thinking about listing your house in the foreseeable future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painting contractor can last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement investment with one of the best returns when considering the effect on home value and buyer interest.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is a relatively budget-friendly way to update your home, it is one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy space. If you have not painted your house recently or have older colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel comfortable. Also, many residents are working at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the interior of your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on what color scheme you go with, the right paint color will affect your mood as you desire — calm and relaxed (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Property: Having your interior painted protects your home now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are manufactured with materials which naturally absorb moisture. Eventually, enough absorption will result in degraded walls which can be detrimental to your house's structural integrity. Moisture within walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health issues. Paint works to keep water from getting through the porous walls of your property.
- Enhance Air Quality Throughout Your Residence: Paints these days are manufactured with low or zero VOCs. If you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the ideal choice for your household. A new application of paint also limits dust and other toxins to a minimum which will enhance your household's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your House Look Fantastic: Most residences contain flaws and imperfections. Walls often show dents, dings, and markings from wear and tear to your house over the years. Having your house's interior painted covers all cosmetic issues and will make your home look refreshed and clean. A new coat of paint put on by an expert contractor will also update your home with a contemporary look.
What is the least active season for painters?
One of the biggest selling points about booking within the colder months is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The chillier conditions often keep people from wanting to do projects, so painters have the availability.
As a result, they might be able to decrease their price than what they typically charge in busier seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painters are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
Hire a Professional Residential Painter To Beautify Your Living Spaces in in Post Falls, ID
When you want a reliable residential painter near Post Falls, ID, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the right contractor suiting your budget and schedule. Painting your home is an excellent choice to breathe new life into your residence while also significantly increasing its value. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively low-cost and fast home improvement project that gives a great return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a beautifully painted house can boost your peace and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you have to reality or make excellent suggestions about various paint types and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Various colors will even evoke a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and inside of your house also gives plenty of useful benefits for its structural integrity. Paint works as a layer of defense to protect the wood from a variety of issues resulting from insects, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the leading culprits of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a good paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert results will beautify your residence inside and out, notably increasing its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a simple platform that organizes all the relevant information to help you discover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently look through profiles of vetted painters in Post Falls, ID and nearby areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also permits you to directly contact professional residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Explore Thumbtack for yourself now and begin narrowing down your hunt for a contractor who will deliver the quality and value you need.