Find a Pro in Rexburg, Idaho
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are the benefits of updating my residence through interior painting?
The short answer is yes, and there are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Boost the Appeal of Your Home: A good paint job will display to potential buyers that you have taken good care of your residence. Interior painting will also help sell a residence that's on the market quicker, even above its asking price. Even if you are not contemplating listing your residence in the near future, a proper interior paint job by a professional painting contractor can last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your residence that really pays off.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is an economical project to update your residence, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy space. If you haven't painted your house recently and have poor colors that you either don't like anymore or never chose, your rooms may not be a space where you truly feel at ease. Additionally, growing numbers of residents are choosing to work at home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on the option you go with, the right paint color will affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), lively and motivated (yellows and oranges), and even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Home: Having your interior painted safeguards your residence now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are made of components which easily absorb moisture. Eventually, too much accumulation of moisture will lead to compromised walls which can be dangerous to your home's structural integrity. Moisture inside walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health dangers. Paint works to keep water from getting into the porous walls of your residence.
- Improve Air Quality Throughout Your Home: Paints these days are manufactured with low or zero volatile organic compounds. In case you or your family suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and the perfect choice for your home. A fresh coat of paint also limits dirt and other allergens to a minimum which will boost your household's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Home Look Fantastic: All homes harbor flaws and imperfections. Walls often show dents, dings, and markings from the use of your residence over the years. Having your home's interior painted eliminates most imperfections and will make your room look refreshed and clean. A lustrous coat of paint put on by a vetted contractor will also modernize your home with a contemporary look.
When do painters experience the slowest business season?
One of the biggest selling points to booking within the winter season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The colder conditions often keep people from wanting to do projects, so professional painters have more open spots in their schedules.
Accordingly, they might be able to decrease their rates than what they normally charge in busier times of the year like summer. This is when most painters are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
How often should I paint the exterior of my residence?
There are a few obvious signs to look out for, like cracking and chipping paint; however, there are also some less evident things that can cause issues as well. Exterior painting can be a big project, so it's always a good idea to book painting specialists.
Unfortunately, there is no set timeline for a new coat, because every property is different. Most experts express that you'll need to paint every five to ten years, based on factors like where you live, weather, and the previous paint job.
When you've just acquired a house, you may be uncertain about when its most recent paint job was done. It's a good idea to try and find out, because having in-depth information about the paint job will make a big difference. The kind of paint utilized, the quality of paint, how many layers were applied, and even the color chosen can all affect its durability. It's also useful to know the season in which it was painted, because whether the home was painted on a bright or overcast day can impact how well the paint dries.
What all does a house painter do?
Here is what a professional painter will assist with:
- Pick Colors: When struggling to identify the most suitable colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. Services like this can save you time, and you can rely on the experience of your vetted expert.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a difficult time adhering to surfaces that aren't properly cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service professional painter understands this and can handle the prep stage before painting commences.
- Identify Damages: As your residential painter preps for the project, they will assess surfaces for trouble signs. A professional painting contractor will let you know if they notice things like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These damages must be fixed before painting can begin, of course. Your professional may then direct you towards reliable contractors to perform these repairs, or they may handle it themselves.
- Carry Out Repairs: Expert painters are proficient at conducting such repairs. These include drywall fixes, rotten wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When enlisting a high-quality painter, you likely don't need to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painter has cleaned the home's surfaces, assessed for damage, and made necessary repairs, they will begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
Expert Residential Painting Contractors Serving Near Rexburg, ID
When you need a good residential painter near Rexburg, ID, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the perfect contractor suiting your budget and needs. Painting your house is an excellent choice to breathe new life into your residence while also significantly increasing its value. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively economical and fast home improvement project that delivers a big return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a newly painted home can boost your comfort and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A skilled and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to life or offer great recommendations about different paint brands and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Some colors will even impart a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and interior of your residence also brings several practical benefits for its longevity. Paint works as a layer of defense to secure the wood from a variety of problems caused by insects, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the leading causes of structural decay, but the sealing capability of a quality paint job will keep those surfaces dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional handiwork will beautify your home inside and out, significantly increasing its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an easy-to-use site that collects all the relevant information to let you find the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently search through profiles of vetted painters in Rexburg, ID and the surrounding areas based on the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique system also enables you to directly communicate with expert residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Use Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your search for a pro who will deliver the quality and value you deserve.