Find a Pro in Rigby, Idaho
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What is the usual hourly rate charged by painters?
The average painter's price on labor varies between $22-$43 an hour, and that excludes materials or tax.
Remember that this average is for the painting services themselves to pay a professional painter hourly. For that reason, that price does not include the addition of insurance, tax, equipment, or the paint itself.
Is paying for interior painting a smart choice?
The short answer is yes, and there are benefits from interior painting services:
- Raise the Value of Your House: A good paint job can communicate to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your home. Interior painting can also help sell a house that's on the market sooner, even above its listing price. Even if you are not thinking about selling your house in the foreseeable future, a proper interior paint job by a professional painting contractor could last up to 7 years. You will be making an investment in your home that truly pays off.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is a relatively affordable way to update your house, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more comforting and happy space. If you have not painted your interior in the past few years and have older colors that you either don't like anymore or didn't choose, your rooms may not be a space where you truly feel comfortable. Additionally, growing numbers of people are choosing to work at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the interior in your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on the color scheme you pick, a fresh paint color can affect your mood as you desire — calm and rested (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), and even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Property: Getting your interior painted strengthens your house now by preventing future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are made of components which naturally retain moisture. Over time, too much absorption can result in degraded walls which can be detrimental to your home's structural integrity. Water inside walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which can result in health issues. Paint enables you to keep water from getting through the porous walls of your residence.
- Enhance Air Quality in and Around Your House: Paints now are manufactured with low or zero VOCs. If you or your loved ones have allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and a great choice for your property. A fresh coat of paint also limits dust and other allergens to a minimum which will boost your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your Interior Look Fantastic: Most residences contain flaws and imperfections. Walls often have dents, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your house over the years. Getting your house's interior painted hides all imperfections and can make your room look refreshed and clean. A new coat of paint applied by a professional contractor will also modernize your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
When is the least active season for painters?
A major selling point to hiring within the winter season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from wanting to do projects, so painting companies are more readily available.
Therefore, it's possible they'll charge a lower price than what they normally do in peak seasons like summer. This is when most painting contractors are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
What will it usually cost for labor to paint the interior of a residence?
The price to paint the inside of your house depends on the dimensions of the space. A single 300-square-foot space will be much more affordable than the entire house, especially a spacious home.
On average, expect to pay between $3 and $7 per square foot when employing a nearby professional to paint the inside of your house. You'll pay less if you paint the space on your own or live in an area with low labor rates. However, some factors can cause the job to cost even more, and you may spend upwards of $8 per square foot or more if you have tall ceilings, need structural repair, or want accents.
Hire a Professional House Painter To Update Your Living Spaces in in Rigby, ID
When you require a dependable residential painter in Rigby, ID, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the right contractor suiting your budget and needs. Painting your house is an excellent way to breathe new life into your residence while also significantly boosting its value. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively low-cost and fast home improvement project that provides a big ROI in more ways than one.
How a freshly painted house can boost your comfort and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you have to life or make great suggestions about various paint types and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Some colors can even impart a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and inside of your house also offers many useful advantages for its durability. Paint works as a layer of defense to protect surfaces from a variety of problems caused by bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the leading culprits of home decay, but the sealing ability of a professional paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional handiwork will beautify your house inside and out, significantly boosting its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a user-friendly platform that compiles all the important information to help you discover the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently look through profiles of reputable painters in Rigby, ID and the surrounding areas focusing on the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also enables you to directly message expert residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Use Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your hunt for a contractor who can deliver the quality services you need.