Find a Pro in Shoshone, Idaho
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
How do you choose the appropriate exterior paint color?
When you're picking a paint color for your home, choosing an elegant color that goes with your overall design will be the right choice. It's fairly affordable to enhance how your home looks with assistance from a knowledgeable and equipped contractor. These are some of the considerations you should make when picking a color pattern for your exterior painting job:
- Color arrangement: The colors you choose should flow with the overarching look you're going for and the mood you want to spend time in. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially for people who work from home or spend a lot of time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Blues and greens are tasteful shades that have the propensity to put you at ease.
- Productive and energetic: For fresh color that's distinctive from the others, yellows and oranges are bold enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Subdued, versatile colors like gray, beige, and off-white can make a home feel more pleasant and comfortable.
What advantages come with the choice to hire a professional for exterior painting?
Recruiting an exterior painter to apply new paint to your home will normally offer you a better result than you could attain on your own. DIY jobs don't always go as you hope unless you're equipped with the tools and skills to carry out the job to industry standards. Instead of attempting to repair flaws, homeowners can recruit an exterior painter to carry out the job as skillfully as possible. The knowledge they've garnered from their experience in the industry will be mirrored in the degree of quality demonstrated in their workmanship. From pressure washing the outside, putting on the primer and paint, and handling the cleanup afterward, you should hire a contractor to carry it out. With their first-rate process and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to deal with them taking shortcuts or providing subpar results.
What steps should be followed to ready a home for exterior painting?
Exterior painting provides outstanding results when it's carried out with careful attention to detail and adhering to the highest standards. Professional contractors are equipped with the skills, tools, and strategies to perform the job with excellent craftsmanship. First-rate craftsmanship starts with taking first steps that allow the paint to adhere and look beautiful for many years. These are certain steps you should take to get ready for an exterior painting job:
- Pressure wash: Getting rid of dirt and grime provides you with a clear area to begin working on, so using pressure washing tools is a productive way to rinse it off.
- Sand away loose paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will get rid of cracked or flaky pieces that have been left behind.
- Get surface ready: Compounds used to repair surfaces can repair damage on exterior of your home so that you can work with a clean finish.
- Recaulk: Redo caulk on trim and windows to then paint over it with a smooth finish.
- Put down drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by placing drop cloths on shrubs, decks, and sidewalks.
- Priming: Rolling primer on bare wood and area that's been repaired to allow the paint to stick.
Can you provide an estimate of the expense involved in exterior residential painting?
The expenses related to exterior painting services depends on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-story home can have a price of approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story home. It's a great home improvement for many homeowners who want to boost their property's curb appeal and keep it protected from the elements throughout the year. Another factor that can influence the overall cost is how skilled your contractor is because it can equate to higher quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Contact a local painting contractor who can assess the project and provide you with a free quote for the expenses you can expect to pay.
Thumbtack is the Most Efficient Way to Find Exterior Painting Contractors in Shoshone, ID
Start browsing for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, so you can easily compare and seek the assistance of companies in Shoshone, ID. If your home needs a fresh coat of paint, you can recruit a professional with the qualifications and knowledge to deliver outstanding services. You can update your property's curb appeal with new paint that simultaneously offers a hardwearing barrier preventing damage from the elements. By hiring a professional to take care of the job, you're making sure it'll meet your specifications.
On our full-scope home management app, you can quickly browse for painters, check ratings, and read customer testimonials. Homeowners can take a look at other exterior painting jobs to gain an understanding of what they can offer. Browsing through candidate profiles and easing your search is a quicker process when you use our free app. It's streamlined and easy to use for anyone to select the best professional for the job in their area. Additionally, you can direct message professional painters, ask for an estimate, and book a consultation all on one platform.
Go over the details of the job with an exterior painter who can provide you with helpful tips and help you brainstorm an elegant color arrangement. Having a freshly painted house can increase your property value and essentially make it stand out in the best way. It's amazing what the right color, sheen, and application can do to ameliorate a place. Thumbtack is available to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with assistance from several local contractors prepared to begin the project and deliver exceptional craftsmanship. Get an outstanding finished product by downloading our app and get in touch with an experienced exterior painter to handle the entire process with close attention to detail.