Find a Pro in Star, Idaho
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Is paying for interior painting a smart decision?
Almost always the answer is yes, and there are benefits from interior painting services:
- Boost the Value of Your Home: A great paint job will display to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your residence. Interior painting will also help sell a house that's on the market sooner, even above its listing price. Even if you are not planning on selling your house in the near future, a good interior paint job by a professional painter could last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement project with one of the highest returns when considering the impact on home value and appeal.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is an economical project to update your residence, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy space. If you have not painted your home recently and have older colors that you either don't like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel at peace. Also, many residents are choosing to work at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the interior of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on the color scheme you choose, the right paint color will help you feel differently — calm and relaxed (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), and even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Home: Getting your interior painted strengthens your residence now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are manufactured with components which easily retain moisture. Eventually, too much accumulation of moisture will lead to degraded walls which can be risky to your house's structural integrity. Water inside walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which can lead to health issues. Paint is designed to seal out water from getting through the porous walls of your home.
- Enhance Air Quality Throughout Your Home: Paints these days are manufactured with low or zero volatile organic compounds. In case you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the perfect option for your interior. A new coat of paint also limits dust and other allergens to a minimum which will boost your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your House Look Great: All houses harbor flaws and blemishes. Walls often contain scratches, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your house over the years. Getting your home's interior painted hides most cosmetic issues and will make your home look updated and clean. A new paint color for your interior will also modernize your residence.
When is the least busy season for painters?
One of the biggest selling points about booking during the colder season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The colder conditions often keep most homeowners from doing home improvement projects, so painting companies are more readily available.
As a result, they might be able to charge a lower price than what they normally do in busier seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
How frequently should I think about repainting my house's exterior?
There are some obvious signs to watch out for, like chipped or cracked paint, but there are also some less evident things that can cause problems too. Painting an exterior is a pretty extensive project, so it's never a bad idea to book painting specialists.
Unfortunately, there is no set timeframe to repaint, because every house is different. Most professionals express that repainting will need to be done every five to ten years, based on factors such as where you live, climate, and the previous paint job.
When you've just acquired a house, it's possible that you're unaware of the last paint application. It's a good idea to try to find out, because having in-depth information about the paint job will make a big difference. The type of paint used, the quality of paint, how many coats were applied, and even the color used can all impact its lifespan. It's also beneficial to know the season in which it was painted, because whether your house was painted on a sunny or overcast day can affect how well the paint dries.
What are the services of a residential painter?
Here are examples of what a professional painter will assist with:
- Choose Colors: In case you're struggling to pick the right colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor will provide invaluable advice. Services like this will save you time, and you can depend on the experience of your hired professional.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a harder time adhering to surfaces that aren't fully cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter understands this and will handle the prep stage before painting begins.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your residential painter preps for the project, they will assess surfaces for damage. A knowledgeable painting contractor will let you know if they find things like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These damages need to be remediated before painting can start, of course. Your service could then suggest other reliable contractors to perform these repairs, or they could handle it themselves.
- Carry Out Repairs: Most painting contractors are proficient at performing such repairs. These include drywall replacement, rotten wood replacement and removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. By enlisting a vetted painter, you likely won't need to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has cleaned your home's surfaces, assessed for structural issues, and conducted necessary repairs, they will start painting your exterior and/or interior.
Discover a Professional Residential Painter To Update Your Living Spaces in in Star, Idaho
When you're looking for a good residential painter in Star, Idaho, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the right contractor suiting your budget and schedule. Painting your house is a smart option to bring new life into your property while also significantly boosting your home's curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively affordable and quick home improvement project that gives a big ROI in more ways than one.
How a newly painted home works to enhance your peace and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to life or make great recommendations about different paint brands and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Some colors will even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and interior of your house also supplies several useful benefits for its durability. Paint works as a layer of defense to secure the wood from a variety of issues caused by bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the leading culprits of home decay, but the sealing capability of a good paint job will keep those surfaces dry – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert handiwork will beautify your residence inside and out, significantly raising its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one site that collects all the relevant information to help you find the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily search through profiles of vetted painters in Star, Idaho and nearby areas prioritizing the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also enables you to directly communicate with expert residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Try Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your hunt for a contractor who will deliver the quality services you deserve.