Find a Cabinet Painter in Arenzville, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Illinois // Arenzville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Which kind of paint do you use on cabinets?
A commonly asked question is about the kind of paint used on cabinets and if there is any difference between it and the paint used on walls. There are distinctions because cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the kind of paint preferred for interior walls will encounter many challenges when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces due to the materials used in their construction to give them their modern appearance. Typical wall paints will not adhere adequately to cabinets and can begin chipping or flaking off prematurely. The kind of paint professionals use for cabinets has adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also needs longer drying and curing times than those typically applied to walls.
Which qualities should I expect in a professional cabinet painter?
Comparing cabinet painting contractors to find the best one for your needs and vision takes a substantial amount of effort. A good place to focus on is by knowing precisely what look you want to accomplish for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to see samples of their prior work matching your vision beforehand to gain a feel for their experience and skill. Trustworthy contractors would be more than happy to grant this request, and many retain a gallery of pictures for potential customers to browse through on their website.
You should have a defined budget in mind while choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs sometimes fluctuate largely. Make sure that any contractor you consider gives documentation of all material and labor costs and gives clear verbal communication throughout the process about it's timeline. The last thing you need is for unexpected surprises to occur after the project commences that will raise costs above what you planned for.
Give attention to the professional's reliability by checking their online client reviews. Most experienced painters will have comments and reviews from past customers for view online, and these can be a great way to judge their ability to deliver the services you expect on time and on budget.
Is the tedious prep phase necessary prior to painting all cabinets?
It's always enticing to immediately begin dipping brushes into paint and get your home improvement project going, but there is some prep that needs to happen first to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting will quickly become an overwhelming project when attempting it alone, but an expert will quickly and effectively bring your vision to reality starting with the most important prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's very important that all dirt or grime are fully cleaned from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it might affect their adherence. The cleaning step is also the right time to disassemble the cabinets and its components, like drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next steps easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made notable advancements, and there are products today which professionals use to make some of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that quickly strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long process of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives will also penetrate to those places that are exceedingly difficult to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is mandatory in some cases, as it serves many important purposes for the painting that comes next, such as allowing for better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint is oil-based and you apply a latex paint before priming, it will only peel away and need to be repainted sooner than expected.
How much will it cost to paint my current cabinets?
There are many things that affect the price of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint is needed, and the rates of the contractor. Around Arenzville, Illinois, you could pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, so it's suggested to first seek out quotes from several professionals listed on the Thumbtack platform to get an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Size or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, painters might charge you according to square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: The painter must recoup the price of paint and other equipment if you aren't providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon cost of paints utilized with cabinet painting range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for designer brands with a gallon typically being plenty for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your largest expenditure when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what time of the year or how soon you want the project performed.
You'll need to talk about your kitchen's specific cabinets and layout as well as your vision for them with more than one professional to find the best price.
Refresh Your Home for Less With a Professional Cabinet Painter in Arenzville, Illinois
A quick way to increase the value of your property and refresh the look of your kitchen at the same time is by hiring an experienced cabinet painter. Cabinet painting can be a cost-efficient alternative to expensive replacements that also results in less messes and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Many types of wood, engineered wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of heavy use and provide an updated look that will suit your current style preferences.
The price of a professional cabinet painter around Arenzville, Illinois fluctuates, but many customers still report spending as much as three times less on a painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Other than the fluctuation in labor rates charged by contractors in your area, aspects such as the brand of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will determine how much you ultimately pay. You should first come up with a budget and then inquire a number of different painting contractors to figure out an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also advantages for the world when you choose to let a professional paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and install new ones. The manufacturing methods of wood or metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the air, and discarding wood cabinets fills up landfills and raises demand for new materials. Your current cabinets may be in decent enough shape to simply paint, refinish, and hang with a fresh new look that you'll be proud to own.
While hunting for the right cabinet painting professional matching your budget and needs, you should analyze their client reviews, portfolio of past work, and inquire about pricing and timeline. A dependable painter will be willing to show you a history of executing projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will talk with you about your cabinets and plan so you know precisely what to expect when the job is finished. Find all the information necessary to vet and hire a professional cabinet painter near Arenzville, Illinois confidently with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.