Find a Cabinet Painter in Ashley, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Illinois // Ashley
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Am I limited by the type of paint I can put on my cabinets?
A commonly asked question pertains to the type of paint used for cabinets and if there is any difference between it and the paint used for walls. There are differences because cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the variety of paint usually used for home walls will face some difficulties when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slick surfaces due to the materials used in their construction to give them that modern look. Typical wall paints may not adhere adequately to cabinets or start chipping or flaking off prematurely. The type of paint professionals use for cabinets contains adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also necessitates extended time to dry and cure than those usually used on walls.
How will I know I've found the right cabinet painter?
Comparing cabinet painting contractors to discover the perfect one for your needs and style takes a substantial amount of effort. The first place to focus on is by understanding precisely what style you want to achieve with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to see samples of their previous work aligning with what you're looking for beforehand to gain a sense of their experience and ability. Trustworthy contractors will be pleased to accommodate this request, and many keep a gallery of pictures for potential customers to browse through on their website.
You should have a set budget worked out when choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs often fluctuate largely. Ensure that any contractor you consider provides documentation of all equipment and labor expenses as well as clear verbal communication throughout the project about it's timeline. What you don't want is for any surprises to pop up after the project commences that will raise costs higher than you budgeted for.
Pay close attention to the professional's reliability by assessing any online client reviews. Most professional painters will have feedback and reviews from past customers for view online, and these can be an efficient way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you expect on time and on budget.
Can I simply paint over my existing cabinets?
It's always tempting to quickly start dipping brushes into paint and get your kitchen remodeling project going, but there is some prep that needs to be done beforehand to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting can quickly become an overwhelming project when doing it on your own, but an expert will quickly and efficiently bring your vision to reality starting with the most common prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that all dirt or grease are completely cleaned from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it might hinder their adherence. The cleaning step is also a good time to take apart the cabinets and its gear, including drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next steps easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made great strides, and there are products that professionals use to make one of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that easily strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long process of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives can also reach any nooks and crannies that are exceedingly challenging to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be necessary in most cases, as it serves a vital purpose for the painting that comes next, such as facilitating better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the previous paint was oil-based and you apply a latex paint before priming, it will only chip away and need to be repainted sooner than expected.
What is the typical cost for an experienced cabinet painter?
There are several factors that play into the cost of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint is needed, and the labor costs of the contractor. Around Ashley, Illinois, you will pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, and it's suggested to first seek out quotes from various professionals listed on the Thumbtack platform to get an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, contractors might bill you according to square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Type of Paint and Finish: The contractor must recoup the cost of paint and other equipment if you aren't providing them, and these usually vary by quality. Per-gallon cost of paints utilized in cabinet refinishing range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for high-quality brands with a gallon typically being enough for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your largest expenditure when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what time of the year or how soon you want the project completed.
You'll want to talk about your home's particular cabinets and layout as well as your vision for them with more than one contractor to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Choose a Cabinet Painting Contractor in Ashley, Illinois to Bring Your Ideas to Reality
An exceptional way to enhance the appeal of your property and refresh the look of your kitchen at the same time is by enlisting an experienced cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets is a more affordable alternative to expensive replacements that also results in less messes and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Most kinds of wood, engineered wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to eliminate years of heavy use and give them an updated look that will suit your evolving tastes.
The cost of a professional cabinet painter near Ashley, Illinois fluctuates, but some homeowners still report spending less than a third on a painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Other than the difference in labor rates of different contractors in your location, aspects like the brand of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will dictate how much you pay in the end. You should start by coming up with a budget and then inquire several different painting contractors to discover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also perks for the planet when you opt to let a contractor paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and install new ones. The manufacturing methods with wood and metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the environment, and throwing out wood cabinets fills up landfills and heightens demand for logging. Your existing cabinets could be in fair enough condition to easily paint, refinish, and hang with an updated look that you'll be proud to own.
While searching for the right cabinet painting professional matching your budget and needs, you should look at their client reviews, gallery of past work, and ask questions about pricing and timeline. A reliable contractor will be willing to show you a history of past projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will talk with you about your cabinets and plan so you understand precisely what to expect when the job is finished. Locate all the information you need to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter in Ashley, Illinois confidently with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.