Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Ashley, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
How often could cabinets be refinished?
One of the best advantages with wood is that it is able to be refinished several times to make furniture look the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. The frequency at which a professional can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, including the durability of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long your refinished cabinets will last before the process needs to be followed up depends on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you perform. A thorough cabinet refinishing job should last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors mentioned above.
How can cabinet refinishing be the ideal choice for my space?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than installing new models and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it could be more beneficial to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If environmental sustainability is one of your biggest values, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to reduce waste by upcycling your current cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a wide range of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is wholly unique and matches your tastes.
- Trying To Get a Better ROI: If you're preparing to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively affordable way to enhance your property's appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets may already work great with your kitchen's layout and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal chaos to your home in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
Property owners of Ashley, IL have detailed spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before deciding on cabinet refinishing, weigh your specific preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to know if this project is right for you.
What certifications or qualifications are important to look for in a cabinet refinishing professional?
Though there may not be industry-mandated certifications specifically for cabinet refinishing professionals, there are certain qualifications and indicators of skill that you can look for when vetting someone to refinish your cabinets. Many of the best contractors will showcase any certifications in carpentry, woodworking, or a related skill on their Thumbtack profile.
You will want to ask the contractor you are considering hiring for a portfolio with pictures of cabinets they have refinished in the past, especially featuring finished projects that are similar to the style you're trying to achieve. Along with a picture gallery, most professional contractors can showcase their experience and dependability with online client reviews.
A dependable professional can give a detailed written estimate of the job before it begins, outlining the scope of services, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors need to have adequate communication skills and be able to address all of your questions and concerns regarding cost, schedule, and craftsmanship throughout the refinishing project. You should also inquire for warranties or guarantees from a contractor, which is another indication that can demonstrate they have faith in the quality of their workmanship.
How will contractors conduct cabinet refinishing?
An expert working on your cabinet refinishing project will follow an established process for efficiency and excellent results. There are generally several steps used to transform the appearance of existing cabinets, including:
- Evaluation and Preparation: Cabinets are first inspected to make sure they are in proper condition to be refinished. If so, all gear will be disassembled, such as handles, knobs, and hinges, and all cabinet surfaces need to be cleaned to remove any dirt, grease, or other contaminants.
- Repair and Fill: Some minor damage, such as cracks, dings, or other blemishes in the wood can be repaired or filled before being blended in when staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Your choice of paint, stain, or finishing technique will be applied in smooth, even coats to accomplish the look you've envisioned. The drying and curing stage is vital to giving a professional result, and may require several hours to accomplish.
- Reassembly: Once the paint or stain has dried, all gear can be reattached and cabinets fully reassembled for use. A quality inspection will guarantee the finished project satisfies your standards, which includes a final cleanup of the complete work area.
It's useful to note that any refinishing project may vary depending on factors like the kind of cabinets and the desired finish. Additionally, professionals may perform detailed techniques, such as distressing or glazing, to achieve specific stylistic effects, which could require a longer amount of time. Be sure to speak clearly with any contractor you hire to guarantee they have the skill to bring your vision to reality.
Find a Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing in Ashley, IL
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the style of your home by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, including paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary benefits, and many people in Ashley, IL have reported spending as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your home in the process.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why many people are choosing to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that aligns with eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for wood products.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service is many times less chaotic to your lifestyle than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're installed will likely face some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their experience and reliability through pictures of their past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more can be found on the easy-to-use Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Ashley, IL confidently.