Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Atlanta, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Illinois // Atlanta
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
In what ways can cabinet refinishing be advantageous?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement project that many homeowners find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of buying new ones is a good practice to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The process of producing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels pollution into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when you choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than throw it out. A few other excellent perks of choosing cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and hanging new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to drastically change the style of your kitchen with relatively little work and money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and stress-free technique to refresh their look versus installing new ones. Because you're utilizing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the chaos of having new cabinets manufactured and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You'll receive professional outcomes when you hire an experienced contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is crucial to ensure your cabinets come out as you envisioned, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
In what aspects will cabinet refacing and refinishing them differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used interchangeably, but there are considerable differences between the two and handymen will need to understand what service you need. Refacing focuses on replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing refreshes the current doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method features a unique approach and imparts a certain outcome in the look of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How regularly can cabinets undergo refinishing
One of the best advantages about wood is that it can be refinished several times to make furniture appear the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. The frequency at which a professional can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, including the durability of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long any refinished cabinets will hold up before the service must be followed up depends on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A well-done cabinet refinishing job can last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
How should I know if cabinet refinishing is the right option to bring my vision to reality?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than buying new ones and is a smart investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it could be more beneficial to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If reducing your carbon footprint is one of your biggest values, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to reduce landfill trash by refreshing your existing cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a huge variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is totally unique and suits your sense of style.
- Trying To Achieve a Better ROI: If you're preparing to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective project to enhance your property's appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets could already work great with your kitchen's layout and give ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in less chaos to your lifestyle in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Residents in Atlanta, Illinois have reported spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before deciding on cabinet refinishing, evaluate your personal preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to discover if this project is right for you.
Discover a Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing Near Atlanta, Illinois
Cabinet refinishing is an effective way to transform the style of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to give a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary perks, and many homeowners in Atlanta, Illinois have reported spending as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your home at the same time.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why many homeowners are choosing to refinish their cabinets instead of buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that prioritizes eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be much less disruptive to your home than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will likely need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When considering an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their experience and skill through galleries of past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the easy-to-use Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Atlanta, Illinois with confidence.