Find a Pro in Aurora, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Is it a good decision to prioritize interior painting for my home?
The short answer is yes, and there are benefits from interior painting services:
- Boost the Appeal of Your House: A great paint job can display to potential buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your property. Interior painting can also help sell a home that's on the market faster, even over asking price. Even if you are not thinking about selling your home in the near future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painter can last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement investment with one of the best ROIs when factoring in the impact on property value and buyer interest.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is a relatively affordable way to update your house, it can be one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comforting and happy space. Assuming you haven't painted your interior in the past few years or have poor colors that you might not like anymore or never chose, your rooms may not be a space where you truly feel comfortable. Also, many people are choosing to work from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the colors in your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on the option you choose, a new paint color can affect your mood as you desire — calm and rested (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your House: Having your interior painted protects your home now and prevents future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are manufactured with materials which naturally absorb moisture. Eventually, enough absorption can lead to degraded walls which can be risky to your home's structural integrity. Moisture within walls is a catalyst for mold growth which can lead to health dangers. Paint enables you to keep water from infiltrating the porous walls of your house.
- Strengthen Air Quality in and Around Your House: Paints these days are produced with low or zero VOCs. In case you or your loved ones have allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the ideal option for your property. A fresh coat of paint also limits dust and other pollutants to a minimum which will improve your household's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Interior Look Fantastic: All houses harbor flaws and blemishes. Walls often show dents, dings, and marks from the use of your home over time. Having your home's interior painted eliminates most cosmetic issues and can make your room look updated and clean. A new paint color for your interior can also modernize your residence.
At what time of the year are painters generally less occupied?
One of the biggest advantages to booking within the colder months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from wanting to do projects, so painting companies are more readily available.
As a result, it's possible they'll charge a lower price than what they typically charge in peak seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are booked around the clock for months on end.
How long is the suggested interval for repainting the exterior of my home?
There are some evident signs to watch out for, like chipped or cracked paint, but there are also some less evident things that can cause problems too. Exterior painting is a pretty extensive project, so it's always a good idea to book painting specialists.
Unfortunately, there is no set timeline to repaint, because every property is different. A lot of professionals say that you'll need to paint approximately within five to ten years, based on other variables like where you're located, climate, and how well the previous paint job was done.
If you've recently bought a house, you may be uncertain about the last time it was painted. It's highly advisable to try and find out, because possessing in-depth information about the paint job can make a big difference. The type of paint used, its quality, how many coats were applied, and even the color selected can all affect its lifespan. It's also useful to know the season in which it was painted, because whether your home was painted on a bright or overcast day can impact how well the paint dried.
What all can a residential painter do?
Here are examples of what an expert painter can help with:
- Choose Colors: When struggling to identify the best colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor can help you in this regard. Services like this can save you time, and you can depend on the knowledge of your hired painter.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time adhering to surfaces that aren't fully cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter knows this and can handle the prep stage before painting begins.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your home painting service preps for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for issues. A full-service painting contractor will let you know if they see anything like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These areas must be fixed before the project can start, of course. Your painter might then direct you towards trustworthy contractors to make these repairs, or they may handle it themselves.
- Do Repairs: Most painting contractors are proficient at carrying out such fixes. These include drywall fixes, rotted wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. By enlisting an expert painter, you likely don't need to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has cleaned your home's surfaces, looked for damage, and performed necessary repairs, they can start painting your exterior and/or interior.
Professional House Painting Contractors in in Aurora, IL
When you're looking for a reliable residential painter near Aurora, IL, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the right contractor for your budget and schedule. Painting your house is a smart way to bring new life into your living space while also significantly boosting your home's curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively affordable and quick home improvement project that delivers a big return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a beautifully painted home can boost your comfort and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A skilled and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to reality or make excellent recommendations about various paint brands and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Various colors can even evoke a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and inside of your home also offers many practical advantages for its longevity. Paint works as a layer of defense to secure the wood from a variety of issues resulting from bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the worst causes of structural decay, but the sealing capability of a good paint job will keep those surfaces dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional results will beautify your house inside and out, significantly raising its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an easy-to-use site that brings together all the necessary information to help you find the best painting contractor for the job. Easily browse through profiles of professional painters in Aurora, IL and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also enables you to directly message expert residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Explore Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your hunt for a contractor who can deliver the quality and value you need.