Find a pro in Baldwin, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a popular time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting until winter could be a better time to schedule.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Baldwin, Illinois
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Baldwin, Illinois. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for the job.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.