Find a Pro in Baldwin, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are examples of services I should expect my residential painting contractor to provide?
Here are examples of what an expert painter can help with:
- Select Colors: In case you're struggling to identify the best colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can help you in this regard. This will save you time, and you can depend on the experience of your vetted expert.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint will have a harder time sticking to surfaces that aren't properly cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter knows this and will take care of the prep stage before painting commences.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your home painting service preps for the paint job, they should be assessing surfaces for damage. A knowledgeable painting contractor will tell you if they notice anything like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These surfaces must be fixed before the project can start, of course. Your professional may then suggest other trustworthy contractors to make these repairs, or they may take care of it themselves.
- Do Light Fixes: Expert painting contractors are proficient at making such repairs. These include drywall fixes, rotten wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. By enlisting a vetted painter, you likely won't need to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped your home's surfaces, checked for damage, and conducted necessary repairs, they can start painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the average rate per hour for most painters?
Typically, a painting contractor's cost of services varies from $22 to $43 per hour, and that excludes taxes or overhead.
Bear in mind that this cost is for the painting services themselves to pay a painting specialist per hour. That's only the labor. Insurance, tax, equipment, or any gallons of paint is not added in that price.
Is interior painting a good idea?
Almost always the answer is yes, and these are other valuable benefits gained from interior painting services:
- Boost the Value of Your House: A professional paint job can display to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your property. It can also help sell a home that's on the market quicker, even above its asking price. Even if you are not planning on listing your home in the foreseeable future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painting contractor can last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement investment with one of the highest returns when factoring in the impact on home value and buyer interest.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is a relatively affordable way to update your residence, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy place. Assuming you have not painted your interior recently and have older colors that you might not like anymore or never chose, your rooms may not be a space where you truly feel at rest. Additionally, growing numbers of residents are working from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior in your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on the option you go with, a new paint color can affect your mood as you desire — calm and relaxed (blues and greens), lively and productive (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your House: Having your interior painted safeguards your property now and prevents future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are made of components that easily retain moisture. Eventually, enough accumulation of moisture can lead to degraded walls which can be detrimental to your property's structural integrity. Water inside walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health risks. Paint works to keep water from infiltrating the porous walls of your residence.
- Strengthen Air Quality Throughout Your House: Paints now are manufactured with low or no VOCs. In case you or your family have allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and a great option for your property. A new coat of paint also keeps dirt and other toxins to a minimum which will boost your household's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Home Look Amazing: Most residences contain flaws and blemishes. Walls often feature dents, dings, and markings from the use of your home over the years. Having your house's interior painted hides all imperfections and can make your home look refreshed and clean. A lustrous coat of paint applied by an expert contractor will also update your home with a contemporary look.
When do painters experience the slowest business demand?
One of the biggest selling points about booking within the winter season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from wanting to do projects, so painting companies have more open spots in their schedules.
Therefore, it's possible they'll charge a lower rates than what they normally charge in busier times of the year like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are scheduled and don't have time for other appointments.
Find an Experienced Residential Painter To Beautify Your Living Spaces in in Baldwin, Illinois
When you're searching for a dependable house painter near Baldwin, Illinois, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the perfect contractor for your budget and schedule. Painting your home is a great choice to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly increasing your home's curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively economical and quick home improvement project that provides a good return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a newly painted house works to enhance your peace and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you have to reality or make excellent suggestions about various paint types and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Various colors can even instill a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and interior of your home also gives several useful benefits for its longevity. Paint works as a sealant to protect the wood from a range of issues resulting from bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the worst culprits of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a good paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert work will beautify your residence inside and out, notably raising its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one site that collects all the necessary information to let you uncover the best painting contractor for the job. Easily look through profiles of reputable painters in Baldwin, Illinois and the surrounding areas based on the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also permits you to directly contact expert house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Explore Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your hunt for the contractor who can deliver the quality services you need.