Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Bement, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What kind of benefits should I expect when choosing to refinish my cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly beneficial home improvement project that many people find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets instead of completely replacing them is a good way to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of constructing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels toxins into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly lessened when people choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than replace it. Some other great advantages of choosing cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and putting in new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to drastically change the style of your kitchen through relatively little work and resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and stress-free project to refresh their look compared to installing new ones. Since you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the trouble of having custom-made cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You can expect high-quality outcomes when you allow an experienced contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is crucial to ensure your cabinets look as you planned, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
What are the distinctions of cabinet refacing and cabinet refinishing?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words often used interchangeably, but there are considerable differences between them and handymen will need to understand which service you want. Refacing focuses on replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing refreshes the present doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique features a unique approach and offers a certain outcome in the look of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often can cabinets undergo refinishing
One of the great benefits with wood is that it can be refinished several times to make the product appear as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times you can refinish cabinets is dependent on many factors, including the durability of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long any refinished cabinets will hold up before the project must be done again is dependent on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A well-done cabinet refinishing service should last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Why is cabinet refinishing a good investment in my house?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than installing new models and is a worthwhile investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it could be more beneficial to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If environmental sustainability is a priority, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better way to limit landfill trash by upcycling your existing cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a wide range of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is wholly unique and matches your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective project to boost your property's value and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets might already fit in perfectly with your kitchen's design and give ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal disruption to your home compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
Homeowners in Bement, IL have reported spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before picking cabinet refinishing, analyze your personal needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to discover if this project is best for you.
One Place With All The Information Needed To Hire The Right Cabinet Refinisher Near Bement, IL With Confidence
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the style of your kitchen by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, such as paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to give a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first perks, and several people in Bement, IL have reported spending as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your house in the process.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why many people are choosing to refinish their cabinets versus buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for wood products.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be much less chaotic to your home than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will likely face some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for those on a tight schedule.
When searching for an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their experience and expertise through pictures of their past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more is on the easy-to-use Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Bement, IL confidently.