Find a Pro in Bement, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What services are under the scope of a house painter?
Examples of the services an expert painter generally conducts include:
- Choose Colors: If you're struggling to pick the ideal colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can help you in this regard. Services like this will save you time, and you can count on the experience of your vetted painter.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint has a harder time sticking to surfaces that aren't adequately cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service residential painter knows this and will handle this prep work before painting commences.
- Identify Damages: As your home painter prepares for the paint job, they will assess surfaces for trouble signs. A professional painting contractor will tell you if they find anything such as rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These areas need to be addressed before painting can start, of course. Your service might then recommend dependable contractors to make these repairs, or they may handle it themselves.
- Conduct Light Fixes: Experienced painting contractors are proficient at making such repairs. These include drywall replacement, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. By employing an expert painter, you likely don't have to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped your home's surfaces, looked for structural issues, and made necessary repairs, they can start painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the average rate per hour for most painters?
The average painting contractor's cost of services varies from $22 to $43 per hour, and that excludes taxes or overhead.
Be mindful that this pricing is for the labor of painting services to pay a painting specialist hourly. That's only the labor. Insurance, tax, tools, or the paint itself is not reflected in that price.
What are some advantages of updating my home through interior painting?
The short answer will be yes, and there are other valuable advantages gained from interior painting projects:
- Raise the Appeal of Your Home: A great paint job can communicate to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your property. It can also help sell a house that's on the market sooner, even over asking price. Even if you are not planning on listing your house in the near future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painting contractor could last up to 7 years. You will be making an investment in your property that truly pays for itself.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is a relatively affordable way to update your house, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more comforting and happy space. Assuming you have not painted your house recently and have poor colors that you either don't like anymore or never chose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel at rest. Additionally, many people are choosing to work from home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors of your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on what option you select, a new paint color can affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your House: Getting your interior painted safeguards your home now and prevents future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are made of components which naturally absorb moisture. Eventually, enough absorption can lead to compromised walls which can be risky to your home's structural integrity. Moisture behind walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which can lead to health risks. Paint is designed to seal out water from infiltrating the porous walls of your house.
- Boost Air Quality in and Around Your Home: Paints these days are produced with low or no volatile organic compounds. If you or your family suffer from allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the ideal option for your household. A fresh application of paint also limits dirt and other particles to a minimum which will enhance your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Interior Look Amazing: Most residences have flaws and blemishes. Walls frequently obtain dents, dings, and markings from the use of your house over time. Getting your house's interior painted eliminates most cosmetic issues and can make your room look updated and clean. A new paint color applied to your interior can also modernize your home.
What is the least busy season for painters?
A major benefit about booking during the colder months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps people from doing projects, so professional painters are more readily available.
Accordingly, it's possible they'll charge a lower rates than what they typically charge in busier seasons like summer. This is when most painting contractors are booked around the clock for months on end.
Reliable Residential Painting Contractors Serving in Bement, IL
When you're searching for a dependable residential painter in Bement, IL, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor for your budget and needs. Painting your home is a great way to bring new life into your residence while also significantly increasing its value. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively economical and quick home improvement project that gives a big ROI in more ways than one.
The way a freshly painted house can improve your comfort and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to reality or make great recommendations about various paint brands and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Some colors can even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and inside of your house also gives plenty of useful advantages for its durability. Paint acts as a layer of defense to protect the wood from a host of problems resulting from bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the leading causes of home decay, but the sealing capability of a good paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional work will refresh the appearance of your home inside and out, notably raising its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one tool that collects all the important information to help you uncover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently search through profiles of reputable painters in Bement, IL and nearby areas based on the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique platform also allows you to directly contact expert residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Use Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your search for a contractor who can deliver the quality and value you need.