Find a pro in Benson, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a great time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a better time for services.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Benson, Illinois
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Benson, Illinois. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for the job.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other things to take into account:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient way to hire the right companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our platform.