Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Benson, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Illinois // Benson
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
When should I choose to refinish my cabinets as opposed to buying them new?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than buying new models and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it might be more beneficial to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If reducing your carbon footprint is one of your biggest values, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to limit waste by upcycling your current cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a large variety of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is totally unique and suits your tastes.
- Trying To Get a Better ROI: If you're preparing to sell your home, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective way to boost its appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets might already work well with your kitchen's layout and provide ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing involves minimal disruption to your lifestyle compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Homeowners of Benson, IL have detailed spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to choosing cabinet refinishing, weigh your personal needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to discover if this project is right for you.
Should I be on the hunt for any particular licenses or qualifications when vetting a cabinet refinishing professional?
While there may not be industry-standard licenses specifically for cabinet refinishing contractors, there are some qualifications and indicators of skill that you can refer to when vetting someone to refinish your cabinets. Many of the best contractors will showcase any certifications in carpentry, woodworking, or a related skill on their Thumbtack profile.
You will want to ask the contractor you are thinking about hiring for photos of cabinets they have refinished in other homes, especially for results that are similar to the style you're trying to accomplish. Besides a portfolio, most professional contractors will showcase their experience and reputation through online customer feedback.
A reputable professional will provide a detailed written estimate of the job before it starts, listing the scope of work, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors need to possess exceptional communication skills and be able to address all of your questions and concerns regarding budget, time, and craftsmanship throughout the refinishing project. You should also inquire about any warranties or guarantees with the service, which is another indication that can demonstrate they have faith in the quality of their workmanship.
How will contractors refinish cabinets?
An expert taking care of your cabinet refinishing project will adhere to an established process for speed and excellent results. There are typically numerous steps used to transform the look of existing cabinets, such as:
- Assessment and Prepping: Cabinets are first evaluated to ensure they are in good enough condition to be refinished. If so, all gear will be removed, including handles, knobs, and hinges, and all cabinet surfaces will be cleaned of dirt, grease, or other contaminants.
- Touch-Up and Fill: Some minor issues, such as scratches, dents, or other blemishes in the wood will be repaired or filled to better blend in with staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Whatever you choose for paint, stain, or finishing method will be applied in smooth, even coats to accomplish the style you've envisioned. The drying and curing stage will be vital to giving a high-quality result, and may need a few hours to accomplish.
- Reassembly: Once the paint or stain has dried, all hardware will be reattached and cabinets completely reassembled for use. Performing a quality inspection will guarantee the final results meets your standards, which includes a last cleanup of the entire work area.
It's important to keep in mind that the specific refinishing process can vary depending on things like the kind of cabinets and the chosen finish. Furthermore, contractors may employ detailed techniques, such as distressing or glazing, to accomplish specific stylistic results, which could require a longer process with more steps. Be sure to speak directly with anyone you employ to guarantee they have the skill to bring your vision to reality.
What are the advantages associated with cabinet refinishing rather than installing new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is a very beneficial home improvement project that plenty of people find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets instead of buying new ones is a smart way to limit your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The process of constructing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels toxins into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when you choose to upcycle current furniture rather than throw it out. A few other great advantages of deciding on cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and hanging new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to drastically change the aesthetic of your kitchen with relatively little work and resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and easy project to update their style compared to installing new ones. Because you're utilizing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the hassle of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect excellent results when you allow a qualified contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is crucial to ensure your cabinets appear as you planned, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
One Site With All The Information You Need To Hire The Right Cabinet Refinisher in Benson, IL With Confidence
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the aesthetic of your space by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, such as paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary advantages, and several people in Benson, IL have reported spending up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your home at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why many people are starting to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process is many times less chaotic to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will often face some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When considering an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their experience and expertise through galleries of past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more is on the easy-to-use Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Benson, IL confidently.