Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Berwyn, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
How often will I need to refinish cabinets
One of the best benefits with wood is that it is able to be refinished many times to make furniture appear the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times you can refinish cabinets is dependent on several factors, such as the quality of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years your refinished cabinets will last before the service must be repeated is dependent on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A well-done cabinet refinishing service can last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors mentioned above.
How should I know if cabinet refinishing is a good idea to bring my vision to reality?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than buying new ones and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it may be more cost-effective to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If environmental sustainability is one of your biggest values, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better practice to reduce waste by refreshing your existing cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a large range of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is totally unique and suits your sense of style.
- Trying To Get a Better Return on Investment: If you're planning to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective way to enhance your property's value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets might already work perfectly with your kitchen's design and give ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal chaos to your lifestyle in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
People in Berwyn, IL have reported paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to deciding on cabinet refinishing, analyze your specific needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to discover if this option is best for you.
What certifications or licenses will a cabinet refinishing professional usually possess?
Though there aren't industry-mandated certifications designed for cabinet refinishing professionals, there are certain qualifications and indicators of skill that you can look for when hiring someone to refinish your cabinets. Many of the best contractors will showcase any certifications in carpentry, woodworking, or a relevant skill on their Thumbtack profile.
You should ask the contractor you are thinking about hiring for photos of cabinets they have refinished in the past, especially featuring finished projects that are similar to the style you're trying to accomplish. Besides a portfolio, most professional contractors will showcase their experience and dependability through online customer reviews.
A reliable professional will supply a detailed written estimate of the job before it starts, outlining the scope of work, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors need to possess good communication skills and a readiness to answer all of your questions and concerns regarding budget, time, and quality throughout the refinishing project. You should also ask about any warranties or guarantees from a contractor, which is another factor that can show they have confidence in the quality of their workmanship.
How will professionals refinish cabinets?
A contractor handling your cabinet refinishing task will follow an established process for speed and excellent results. There are usually many steps taken to transform the look of existing cabinets, including:
- Evaluation and Prepping: Cabinets are first evaluated to make sure they are in proper condition for refinishing. If they are, any gear will be disassembled, including handles, knobs, and hinges, and all cabinet surfaces will be cleaned to remove any dirt, grease, or other contaminants.
- Touch-Up and Fill: Some minor issues, such as cracks, dings, and similar imperfections in the wood will be repaired or filled before being blended in with staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Whatever you choose for paint, stain, or finishing technique will be applied in careful, even coats to achieve the look you're looking for. The drying and curing phase will be vital to imparting a professional outcome, and could require a few hours to accomplish.
- Reassembly: Once the paint or stain has dried, any parts will be put back on and cabinets fully reassembled for use. A quality inspection will guarantee the finished project meets your standards, which includes a last cleanup of the entire work area.
It's important to note that any refinishing project may vary based on aspects like the size of cabinets and the desired finish. Also, professionals may employ detailed techniques, such as distressing or glazing, to accomplish specific aesthetic results, which will require a longer amount of time. Make sure to communicate clearly with anyone you hire to guarantee they can bring your vision to reality.
Employ a Professional for Cabinet Refinishing in Berwyn, IL
Cabinet refinishing is an ideal way to transform the aesthetic of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first perks, and many people in Berwyn, IL have reported paying as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your home simultaneously.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why many people are beginning to refinish used cabinets rather than buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that prioritizes eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be much less chaotic to your household than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're installed will often face some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their knowledge and reliability through pictures of their past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Berwyn, IL with confidence.