Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Bethalto, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What kind of benefits can I expect when deciding to refinish my cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement task that plenty of homeowners discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets instead of completely replacing them is a good way to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The method of producing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when people choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than replace it. Some other amazing benefits of deciding on cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and hanging new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to dramatically switch up the style of your kitchen with relatively small amounts of work or money.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and simple method to refresh their look compared to installing new ones. Since you're reusing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the long process of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect high-quality results when you hire an experienced contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is crucial to guarantee your cabinets look as you envisioned, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
What are the distinctions of cabinet refacing and the refinishing of cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words often used interchangeably, but there are significant differences between them and professional contractors will need to understand what service you need. Refacing focuses on replacing the doors or drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing updates the existing doors or drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service has its own unique approach and offers a certain effect in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many times can cabinets be refinished?
One of the great advantages about wood is that it is able to be refinished multiple times to make the product look the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times one can refinish cabinets depends on several factors, including the quality of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long your refinished cabinets will hold up before the project needs to be followed up depends on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you perform. A thorough cabinet refinishing job can last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Why is cabinet refinishing a wise investment in the look of my home?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than purchasing new ones and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it may be more worthwhile to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If reducing your carbon footprint is a priority, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to limit landfill trash by refreshing your existing cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a huge range of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is wholly unique and matches your tastes.
- Trying To Achieve a Better Return on Investment: If you're preparing to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively affordable way to enhance its value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets may already work perfectly with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing involves less chaos to your lifestyle in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Homeowners in Bethalto, IL have reported spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to picking cabinet refinishing, analyze your personal preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to discover if this project is right for you.
Hire a Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing Near Bethalto, IL
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the style of your space by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first perks, and several homeowners in Bethalto, IL have reported spending as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your house at the same time.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why more homeowners are starting to refinish used cabinets instead of buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for wood materials.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process is many times less chaotic to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will often face some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for those on a tight schedule.
When considering a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their experience and reliability through pictures of their past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Bethalto, IL with confidence.