Find a Pro in Bradley, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What factors are essential when selecting the exterior paint color?
When you're picking a paint color scheme for your home's exterior, selecting a classic color that goes with your overall aesthetic will be the best choice. It's relatively affordable to enhance how your home looks with assistance from a skilled and equipped contractor. These are some of the considerations you should take into account when picking a color pattern for your exterior painting job:
- Color arrangement: The colors you select should complement the general look you're aiming for and the ambiance you want to spend time in. Make the place your own, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends considerable time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Blues and greens are elegant hues that have the propensity to put you at ease.
- Energetic and productive: For a pop of color that's distinctive from the rest, oranges and yellows are bright enough to bring about the desired results.
- Comfort: Toned down, versatile colors like beige, off-white, and gray can make a home feel more comfortable and content.
Why may it be advantageous to enlist the skills of an exterior painting professional?
Seeking an exterior painting company to apply new paint to your home will typically provide you with a better result than you could attain by yourself. DIY jobs rarely go as planned unless you're equipped with the materials and knowledge to carry out the job to the highest quality standards. Instead of spending time covering up mistakes, homeowners can seek an exterior painting professional to carry out the job as adeptly as possible. The skill they've garnered from their experience in the field will be mirrored in the degree of quality demonstrated in their workmanship. From pressure washing the exterior, putting on the primer and paint, and handling the cleanup afterward, you need to a contractor to do it all. With their superior process and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to deal with them taking shortcuts or offering subpar results.
How can you get your home ready for an exterior painting service?
Exterior painting provides outstanding results when it's carried out with careful attention to detail and according to top standards. Professional painters are equipped with the skills, materials, and techniques to do the job with outstanding workmanship. Remarkable workmanship starts with taking first steps that allow the paint to stick and look amazing for many years. Prepare for an exterior painting job by taking the following steps:
- Power wash: Removing dirt and grime provides you with a clear area to start working on, so using pressure washing tools is a great way to rinse it off.
- Scrape off chipped paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will get rid of flaky or cracked pieces that are still remaining.
- Get surface ready: Surface repair compounds can fix flaws on exterior siding so that you can work on a smooth texture.
- Recaulk: Redo caulk on trim and windows to then paint it for a streamlined varnish.
- Utilize drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by using drop cloths on sidewalks, shrubs, and decks.
- Priming: Rolling primer on bare wood and area that's been fixed to allow the paint to stay.
What's the price of painting a home's exterior?
The price of exterior painting services depends on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-story home can have a price of around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story home. It's a great home improvement for many homeowners who want to enhance their property's aesthetic appeal and keep it safe from the elements throughout the year. Other criteria that can influence the overall price is how experienced your contractor is because it can result in high-quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Contact a local painting contractor who can assess the project and provide you with a free estimate for the price you can expect to pay.
Find Exterior House Painting Contractors in Bradley, Illinois
Start browsing for an exterior painting professional on Thumbtack, so you can easily compare and seek the assistance of companies in Bradley, Illinois. If your home needs some new paint, you can recruit a professional with the qualifications and knowledge to provide outstanding services. You can upgrade your home's curb appeal with a new pop of color that provides a durable barrier preventing damage from moisture simultaneously. By hiring a professional to handle the job, you're making sure it will be of the highest quality standards.
On our full-scope home management app, you can swiftly search for professionals, check ratings, and read testimonials. Homeowners can see previous exterior painting jobs to gain an understanding of their degree of expertise. Search through professional profiles and easing your search is more efficient when you download our no-charge app. It's systematic and simple to use for anyone to select the best contractor for the job near them. Additionally, you can direct message contractors, ask for a quote, and set up a consultation all on one platform.
Discuss the project details with an exterior painting professional who can provide you with useful recommendations and help you decide on an elegant color scheme. Painting can raise your home value and essentially make it stand out in the best way. It's awesome what the right color, sheen, and application can do to ameliorate a place. Thumbtack is here to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with assistance from a number of local contractors ready to roll up their sleeves and perform excellent craftsmanship. Get an exceptional finished product by downloading our app and contacting a knowledgeable painter to handle the entire process with careful attention to detail.