Find a Pro in Braidwood, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What does it typically cost in labor to paint the inside of a home?
The price to paint the interior of your home depends on the overall size of the space. One 300-square-foot area will be much more low-cost than an entire house, especially a spacious one.
On average, expect to pay around $3 to $7 per square foot when hiring a local painter to paint the interior of your home. You'll pay less if you paint the interior yourself or reside in an area with low labor rates. However, some factors can cause the job to cost even more, and you may spend as much as $8 per square foot or more if you have high ceilings, need structural repair, or want accent walls.
How frequently should I consider repainting my home's exterior?
There are some glaring signs to watch out for, like chipped or cracked paint; however, there are also some less evident things that can cause issues too. Exterior painting can be a big job, so it's never a bad idea to hire expert painters.
What can make this difficult is there is no set time for a new coat, because every home is different. A lot of professionals express that you'll need to paint approximately within five to ten years. This will be determined by other variables such as where you're located, weather, and the previous paint job.
After buying a house, you could be in the dark about the last painting date of the house. It's highly advisable to try to find out, because having in-depth information about the paint job will be critical. The variety of paint utilized, the quality of paint, how many layers were applied, and even the color chosen can all affect its durability. It may be helpful to know the time of year in which it was painted, because whether your house was painted on a bright or cloudy day can affect how well the paint dried.
What are some services I can expect my residential painting contractor to give?
A few of the tasks an expert painter typically performs include:
- Choose Colors: When struggling to find the best colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will provide invaluable advice. This can save you time, and you can depend on the knowledge of your certified expert.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint has a difficult time adhering to surfaces that haven't been adequately cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service professional painter knows this and can take care of the prep stage before painting starts.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your home painter prepares for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for damage. A knowledgeable painting contractor will tell you if they notice things like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These damages must be fixed before the project can start, of course. Your service may then suggest other reliable contractors to perform these repairs, or they could take care of it themselves.
- Carry Out Repairs: Most painting contractors are proficient at making such repairs. These include drywall replacement, rotted wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When enlisting a professional painter, you likely won't need to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped your home's surfaces, checked for structural issues, and made necessary repairs, they will start painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the average rate per hour for most painters?
The average painting contractor's price on services varies from $22 to $43 per hour, not counting taxes or product included.
Be mindful that this average is for the painting services themselves to pay a painting specialist hourly. For that reason, that price does not reflect the cost of insurance, taxes, tools, or the paint itself.
Vetted House Painters Serving Near Braidwood, IL
When you're searching for a good house painter in Braidwood, IL, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the perfect contractor matching your budget and schedule. Painting your house is a smart option to bring new life into your living space while also significantly increasing your home's value. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively economical and fast home improvement project that gives a big ROI in more ways than one.
How a freshly painted home can boost your peace and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to reality or make great suggestions about different paint types and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Various colors will even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and interior of your home also supplies several useful benefits for its durability. Paint acts as a layer of defense to protect the wood from a host of problems caused by insects, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the leading causes of home decay, but the sealing ability of a good paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert work will beautify your home inside and out, significantly raising its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an easy-to-use site that organizes all the important information to let you discover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily look through profiles of reputable painters in Braidwood, IL and nearby areas based on the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique platform also permits you to directly message expert house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Explore Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your hunt for the pro who will deliver the quality services you deserve.