Find a Pro in Brighton, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What factors should influence your choice of exterior paint color?
When you're picking a paint color scheme for your home's exterior, selecting an elegant color that complements your overall aesthetic will be the ideal choice. It's somewhat inexpensive to enhance the appearance of your home with help from a trained and equipped painter. These are some of the considerations you should make when choosing a color for your exterior painting project:
- Color pattern: The colors you choose should go with the overarching aesthetic you're aiming for and the mood you want to form. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially for people who work from home or spend a lot of time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Blues and greens are tasteful hues that have the tendency to give you a contented feeling.
- Energetic and productive: For a touch of color that's distinctive from the rest, oranges and yellows are bold enough to bring about the desired results.
- Comfort: Subdued, versatile colors like gray, beige, and off-white can make a home feel more pleasant and content.
What are the reasons for engaging the services of a professional exterior painting contractor?
Recruiting an exterior painting contractor to apply new paint to your home will normally provide you with a superior outcome than you could achieve by yourself. DIY projects rarely go as you hope unless you have the tools and knowledge to carry out the project to the highest quality standards. Instead of spending time attempting to repair errors, homeowners can seek an exterior painting contractor to perform the project as adeptly as possible. The skill they've acquired from their experience in the industry will be reflected in the degree of quality demonstrated in their workmanship. From pressure washing the outside, putting on the primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup afterward, you should a painter to carry it out. With their high-quality practices and guaranteed work, you don't have to worry about them taking shortcuts or offering less-than-satisfactory results.
How can you get your home ready for an exterior painting project?
Exterior painting offers excellent results when it is done with careful attention to detail and according to top standards. Professional painters are prepared with the skills, tools, and techniques to perform the project with exceptional craftsmanship. First-rate craftsmanship begins with taking precautions that help the paint adhere and look great for many years. These are some of the steps you should take to prepare for an exterior painting project:
- Pressure wash: Removing grime and dirt provides you with a clean area to begin working on, so using pressure washing equipment is a productive way to rinse it off.
- Scrape off loose paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will get rid of flaky or cracked parts that are still remaining.
- Prepare surface: Surface repair compounds can repair damage on exterior siding so that you can work on a clean finish.
- Recaulk: Redo caulk on windows and trim to then paint it for a sleek result.
- Put down drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by using drop cloths on sidewalks, shrubs, and decks.
- Priming: Applying primer on bare wood and area that's been repaired to help the paint stay.
Can you provide a quote of the price included in painting the exterior of a house?
The expenses related to exterior painting services are based on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-story home can cost around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story home. It's a worthy project for many homeowners who want to maximize their property's curb appeal and keep it protected from the elements throughout the year. Another factor that can influence the overall price is how knowledgeable your painter is because it can mean high-quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Reach out to a local painting contractor who can assess the project and provide you with a free estimate for the expenses you can anticipate to pay.
Find and Hire Exterior Home Painting Companies in Brighton, IL
Start browsing for an exterior painting professional on Thumbtack, so you can easily compare and hire companies in Brighton, IL. If your home needs some new paint, you can find a contractor with the training and experience to provide excellent services. You can improve your home's appearance with fresh paint that provides a durable barrier preventing damage from moisture simultaneously. By seeking out a painter to handle the project, you're ensuring it will be of high-quality standards.
On our all-inclusive home management app, you can swiftly search for contractors, take a look at ratings, and read customer testimonials. Homeowners can check out other exterior painting projects to get an understanding of their degree of expertise. Search through candidate profiles and easing your search is a quicker process when you download our free app. It's convenient and hassle-free to use for anyone to find the best contractor for the project near them. You can also send direct messages, ask for a quote, and set up a consultation all in one place.
Discuss the details of the project with an exterior painting professional who can give you useful suggestions and help you come up with an attractive color combination. Having a freshly painted home can raise your property value and generally make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's amazing what the right sheen, color, and application can do to bring some new life into a space. Thumbtack is available to make your home improvement visions come true with help from several local professionals ready to roll up their sleeves and carry out outstanding work. Get exceptional results by using our home management platform and get in touch with an experienced professional to take care of every step in the process with close attention to detail.