Find a Pro in Brighton, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Is investing in interior painting a smart choice?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and there are benefits from interior painting services:
- Boost the Value of Your Residence: A great paint job will display to potential buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your residence. It will also help sell a residence that's on the market faster, even above its listing price. Even if you are not thinking about selling your residence in the near future, a proper interior paint job by a professional painting contractor can last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your residence that truly pays for itself.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is an economical way to update your house, it can be one of the most effective tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy place. Assuming you have not painted your interior in the past few years or have boring colors that you either don't like anymore or didn't choose, your rooms may not be a space where you truly feel at rest. Additionally, many residents are choosing to work from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on the color scheme you select, the right paint color will affect your mood as you desire — calm and relaxed (blues and greens), lively and productive (yellows and oranges), and even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Home: Getting your interior painted safeguards your home now and prevents future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are manufactured with components that easily retain moisture. Over time, enough accumulation of moisture will lead to compromised walls which can be dangerous to your property's structural integrity. Water within walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health dangers. Paint enables you to keep moisture from getting into the porous walls of your house.
- Improve Air Quality in and Around Your Residence: Paints these days are produced with low or no VOCs. In case you or your family have allergies, breathing issues, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and a great choice for your home. A fresh application of paint also limits dirt and other allergens to a minimum which will improve your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your House Look Amazing: Most homes contain flaws and imperfections. Walls frequently have dents, dings, and markings from wear and tear to your residence over the years. Getting your house's interior painted covers most imperfections and will make your home look refreshed and clean. A fresh coat of paint applied by a professional contractor will also modernize your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
When do painters experience the slowest business season?
A major benefit to hiring during the colder months is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The chillier conditions often keep most homeowners from wanting to do projects, so painting companies have the availability.
As a result, they might be able to decrease their price than what they normally charge in peak seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are booked around the clock for months on end.
How long is the recommended schedule for repainting the outer walls of a residence?
Cracked and chipped paint are some evident things to watch out for, but there are also some less obvious things that can cause issues as well. Exterior painting is a pretty extensive project, so it's always a good idea to book professional painters.
Because every property differs from one another, there is no set timeframe to apply another coat, which makes this more difficult for people. Most professionals express that you'll need to paint every five to ten years. This will be determined by factors such as where you're located, weather, and the previous paint job.
When you've just acquired a house, it's possible that you're unaware of the last paint application. It's a good idea to try to find out, since possessing detailed information about the paint job will make a big difference. The kind of paint utilized, its quality, how many layers were applied, and even the color used can all impact its lifespan. It's also helpful to know the season in which it was painted, since whether the house was painted on a sunny or overcast day can impact how well the paint dries.
What are some services I should expect my professional painting contractor to offer?
Here is what a professional painter will assist with:
- Advise the Best Colors: In case you're struggling to select the right colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. This will save you time, and you can count on the experience of your hired expert.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint has a difficult time sticking to surfaces that aren't properly cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter knows this and will take care of this prep stage before painting begins.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your residential painter preps for the paint job, they should be assessing surfaces for trouble signs. A full-service painting contractor will tell you if they see things such as rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These areas must be addressed before the project can commence, of course. Your service could then recommend trustworthy contractors to perform these repairs, or they will take care of it themselves.
- Carry Out Light Fixes: Experienced painting contractors are proficient at conducting such repairs. These include drywall fixes, rotted wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When employing a professional painter, you likely won't need to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has cleaned the home's surfaces, checked for damage, and conducted necessary repairs, they will commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
Hire an Experienced House Painter To Update Your Living Spaces in in Brighton, Illinois
When you're looking for a reliable residential painter in Brighton, Illinois, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the right contractor who meets your budget and schedule. Painting your home is an excellent option to breathe new life into your residence while also significantly boosting its curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively economical and quick home improvement project that gives a great return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a beautifully painted house works to enhance your peace and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to reality or offer great suggestions about various paint types and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Some colors will even impart a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and inside of your residence also gives several useful benefits for its structural integrity. Paint works as a layer of defense to secure surfaces from a variety of problems caused by bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the leading causes of home decay, but the sealing ability of a quality paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional handiwork will beautify your property inside and out, significantly raising its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a simple tool that compiles all the relevant information to let you discover the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently search through profiles of reputable painters in Brighton, Illinois and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also enables you to directly message professional residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Explore Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your hunt for the contractor who will deliver the quality services you need.