Find a Pro in Brimfield, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What all will a residential painter do?
A few of the services an expert painter typically conducts include:
- Pick Colors: In case you're struggling to select the best colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. This can save you time, and you can rely on the knowledge of your certified painter.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint has a harder time adhering to surfaces that aren't fully cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service professional painter understands this and can handle this prep work before painting commences.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your home painter prepares for the project, they will assess surfaces for damage. A professional painting contractor will let you know if they discover anything such as rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These areas need to be fixed before painting can commence, of course. Your service could then suggest other reliable contractors to make these repairs, or they may handle it themselves.
- Carry Out Light Fixes: The best painters are proficient at performing such repairs. These include drywall fixes, rotten wood replacement and removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. By hiring a vetted painter, you likely won't need to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painter has prepped your home's surfaces, assessed for structural issues, and made necessary repairs, they can commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the average rate per hour for most painters?
The average painter's cost of services varies between $22 to $43 per hour, without taxes or product included.
Remember that this pricing is for the painting services themselves to pay a painting specialist hourly. Accordingly, that price does not reflect the addition of insurance, taxes, equipment, or the paint itself.
Is interior painting worth it?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and these are other valuable benefits gained from interior painting projects:
- Raise the Value of Your House: A professional paint job can communicate to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your property. Interior painting can also help sell a residence that's on the market faster, even over listing price. Even if you are not thinking about listing your residence in the near future, a proper interior paint job by a professional painting contractor could last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement project with one of the highest returns when considering the effect on property value and appeal.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is a relatively affordable way to update your residence, it can be one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy place. If you have not painted your house in the past few years and have older colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your rooms may not feel like a space where you truly feel at ease. Also, growing numbers of residents are choosing to work at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the interior in your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on what option you select, the right paint color can affect your mood as you desire — calm and rested (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your House: Getting your interior painted safeguards your home now and prevents future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are constructed of components which naturally absorb moisture. Over time, too much absorption can result in compromised walls which can be risky to your house's structural integrity. Water behind walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health concerns. Paint is designed to keep moisture from getting through the porous walls of your house.
- Enhance Air Quality in and Around Your House: Paints currently are produced with low or no VOCs. In case you or your family have allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and the perfect option for your household. A new coat of paint also limits dirt and other particles to a minimum which will improve your home's air quality even more.
- Make Your Home Look Fantastic: Most houses have flaws and imperfections. Walls frequently obtain scratches, dings, and marks from the use of your residence over time. Getting your house's interior painted removes all cosmetic issues and can make your room look updated and clean. A new coat of paint put on by an expert contractor will also modernize your home with a contemporary look.
What is the least busy season for painters?
One of the biggest advantages about scheduling within the winter months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The colder conditions often keep people from doing home improvement projects, so painters have more open spots in their schedules.
Accordingly, it's possible they'll charge a lower rates than what they typically do in peak times of the year like summer. This is when most painters are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
Hire an Experienced House Painter To Beautify Your Living Spaces Near Near Brimfield, IL
When you need a good house painter in Brimfield, IL, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the perfect contractor who meets your budget and needs. Painting your house is a great choice to bring new life into your property while also significantly increasing its curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively economical and quick home improvement project that gives a good ROI in more ways than one.
The way a beautifully painted house works to boost your comfort and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to life or offer excellent suggestions about different paint types and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Some colors can even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and interior of your residence also features many practical benefits for its longevity. Paint acts as a layer of defense to protect the wood from a host of problems caused by bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the worst culprits of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a good paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert work will refresh the appearance of your property inside and out, significantly increasing its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an easy-to-use tool that organizes all the relevant information to help you uncover the best painting contractor for the job. Easily search through profiles of vetted painters in Brimfield, IL and nearby areas based on the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also enables you to directly communicate with expert house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Explore Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your search for the contractor who can deliver the quality and value you need.