Find a Cabinet Painter in Browns, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Illinois // Browns
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Is there a distinction between cabinet paint and regular paint?
A frequently asked question is about the kind of paint used on cabinets and if there is a difference between it and the paint used on walls. There are differences because cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the type of paint usually used for interior walls will encounter many challenges when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have slick surfaces because of the materials used in their construction to give them their elegant aesthetic. Typical wall paints might not stick adequately to cabinets or start to chip and flake away prematurely. The kind of paint contractors use for cabinets has adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also requires longer drying and curing times than those usually used on walls.
Will any cabinet painting contractor do for my project?
Comparing cabinet painters to discover the perfect one for your needs and style takes a substantial amount of effort. The first place to focus on is by understanding precisely what look you want to achieve with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to view a sample of their previous work similar to what you're looking for beforehand to gain a feel for their experience and skill. Professional contractors will be pleased to accommodate this request, and many keep a portfolio for potential customers to browse through on their in-person or online.
You should have a defined budget in mind while choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices often fluctuate significantly. Make sure that any painter you consider gives written statements of all equipment and labor expenses as well as clear verbal communication throughout the project about it's timeline. What you don't need is for any surprises to occur after the project begins that will raise costs higher than you budgeted for.
Give attention to the contractor's dependability by evaluating their online client reviews. Most professional painters will have comments and reviews from past customers for view online, and these can be an efficient way to judge their ability to deliver the services you need on time and within budget.
Should I paint my cabinets without sanding?
It's may be enticing to immediately start dipping brushes into paint and get your kitchen remodeling project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to be done beforehand to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting can quickly become an overwhelming project when doing it on your own, but a professional will quickly and efficiently bring your vision to reality beginning with the most common prepping steps of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that all dirt or grease are thoroughly cleaned from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it could affect their adherence. The cleaning phase is also an appropriate time to take apart the cabinets and its hardware, like doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following stages easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made great strides, and there are products today which contractors use to make some of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that quickly strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the dusty process of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers can also penetrate to any places that would be exceedingly difficult to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is mandatory in many cases, and it serves a vital purpose for the painting that follows, such as facilitating better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the current paint was oil-based and you apply a latex paint without priming, it will only peel away and require repainting sooner than expected.
What is the typical cost of a professional cabinet painting contractor?
There are many things that play into the price of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint will be used, and the rates of the contractor. Around Browns, IL, you could pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, so it's advised to first obtain quotes from several contractors listed on the Thumbtack platform to gain an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Layout or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, painters could bill you based on square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: Your painter must recoup the price of paint and other equipment if you aren't providing them, and these usually vary by quality. Per-gallon cost of paints used with cabinet painting range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for designer brands with one gallon typically being enough for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expense when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what season of the year or how fast you want the project completed.
You'll need to discuss your kitchen's particular cabinets and layout and your vision for them with more than one contractor to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Find a Cabinet Painter in Browns, IL Who Will Bring Your Vision to Life
An exceptional way to boost the value of your house and refresh the appearance of your kitchen at the same time is by enlisting a professional cabinet painter. Cabinet painting is a more affordable option over expensive replacements that also requires less messy and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Many kinds of wood, engineered wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to eliminate years of heavy use and give them a new look that will suit your evolving tastes.
The price of a professional cabinet painting contractor around Browns, IL fluctuates, but many homeowners have reported spending less than a third on a painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Other than the fluctuation in labor rates of different contractors in your area, factors like the kind of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will determine how much you ultimately pay. Be sure to start by coming up with a budget and then ask around among several different painting contractors to figure out an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also benefits for the planet when you opt to let a contractor paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and install new models. The manufacturing methods of wood or metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the air, and discarding wood cabinets fills up landfills and heightens demand for new materials. Your current cabinets might be in fair enough shape to simply paint, refinish, and reinstall with an updated look that you'll be proud to own.
While hunting for the perfect cabinet painting contractor matching your budget and needs, you should evaluate their client reviews, portfolio of past work, and ask questions about pricing and schedule. A reliable painter will be willing to share a history of executing projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will talk with you about your cabinets and plan so you know precisely what to expect when the job is complete. Discover all important information you need to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter in Browns, IL easily with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.