Find a Pro in Carol Stream, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What is the expected price for labor when painting a home's interior?
The price to paint the interior of your home depends on the dimensions of the room. One 300-square-foot area will be much more affordable than an entire house, especially a big residence.
You should expect to pay between $3 and $7 per square foot when contracting a local professional to paint the interior of your home. You'll pay less if you paint the house yourself or live in an area with low labor costs. However, some factors can raise the cost even more, and you may spend as much as $8 per square foot or higher if you have high ceilings, need wall repair, or want accents.
How frequently should I think about repainting my home's exterior?
There are some obvious signs to look out for, such as cracking and chipping paint, but there are also some less evident things that can create issues too. Exterior painting is a pretty big job, so it's always a good idea to hire painting specialists.
Since every house is different, there is no set deadline to apply another coat, and this makes things more difficult for people. A lot of professionals express that you'll need to paint every five to ten years. This will be determined by other variables such as where you live, weather, and the previous paint job.
Having recently become a homeowner, you could be in the dark about the last painting date of the house. It's a good idea to try and find out, because possessing in-depth information about the paint job will make a big difference. The type of paint used, the quality of paint, how many layers were applied, and even the color chosen can all impact its longevity. It may be beneficial to know the time of year in which it was painted, because whether your house was painted on a sunny or cloudy day can affect how well the paint dries.
What are the services of a residential painter?
Here is what a professional painter will help with:
- Advise the Best Colors: In case you're struggling to choose the ideal colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. Services like this will save you time, and you can count on the knowledge of your hired professional.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint has a difficult time adhering to surfaces that aren't adequately cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service professional painter knows this and will take care of the prep stage before painting starts.
- Keep an Eye Out for Damages: As your home painting service preps for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for trouble signs. A knowledgeable painting contractor will let you know if they notice things such as rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These areas must be addressed before the project can start, of course. Your professional might then recommend dependable contractors to make these repairs, or they could take care of it themselves.
- Perform Repairs: Experienced painters are proficient at making such fixes. These include drywall fixes, rotted wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. By employing an expert painter, you likely won't have to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has cleaned your home's surfaces, checked for damage, and made necessary repairs, they will start painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the usual hourly charge for painters?
The average painter's price on services ranges between $22 to $43 per hour, and that excludes materials or tax.
Remember that this pricing is for the painting services themselves to pay a painting specialist hourly. Insurance, taxes, equipment, or the paint itself is not reflected in that price.
Find an Experienced Residential Painter To Refresh Your Living Spaces Near Near Carol Stream, IL
When you require a dependable residential painter in Carol Stream, IL, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the right contractor for your budget and needs. Painting your home is an excellent choice to bring new life into your residence while also significantly boosting your home's curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively low-cost and fast home improvement project that gives a big ROI in more ways than one.
The way a freshly painted home can enhance your peace and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. A skilled and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to life or make great recommendations about various paint types and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Some colors will even evoke a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and interior of your home also provides several useful benefits for its durability. Paint works as a sealant to protect surfaces from a variety of problems caused by bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the leading causes of home decay, but the sealing ability of a good paint job will keep those surfaces dry – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert work will refresh the appearance of your property inside and out, significantly raising its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an easy-to-use platform that collects all the important information to help you find the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily look through profiles of reputable painters in Carol Stream, IL and nearby areas based on the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also allows you to directly communicate with professional residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Explore Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your search for the contractor who will deliver the quality services you deserve.