Find a Pro in Chicago Ridge, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Will interior painting provide an adequate ROI?
Almost always the answer is yes, and there are other valuable advantages gained from interior painting projects:
- Increase the Value of Your Home: A professional paint job can display to potential buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your home. Interior painting can also help sell a residence that's on the market sooner, even above its asking price. Even if you are not contemplating selling your residence in the foreseeable future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painting contractor can last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement investment with one of the highest returns when considering the effect on property value and appeal.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is a relatively inexpensive project to update your home, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy place. Assuming you haven't painted your interior in the past few years or have older colors that you either don't like anymore or never chose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel comfortable. Additionally, many residents are working from home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors of your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on what option you go with, a new paint color can help you feel differently — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), and even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Property: Getting your interior painted secures your property now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are manufactured with materials which easily absorb moisture. Over time, too much absorption can lead to degraded walls which can be detrimental to your house's structural integrity. Water inside walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health concerns. Paint is designed to keep water from infiltrating the porous walls of your residence.
- Improve Air Quality in and Around Your Home: Paints these days are made with low or no volatile organic compounds. If you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the ideal option for your home. A new coat of paint also limits dirt and other allergens to a minimum which will improve your household's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Interior Look Great: All houses have flaws and blemishes. Walls often contain scratches, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your residence over time. Getting your home's interior painted eliminates those imperfections and can make your room look updated and clean. A new paint color for your interior can also modernize your residence.
What is the slowest time of year for painting contractors?
One of the biggest advantages about hiring within the colder months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The colder conditions often keep people from doing home improvement projects, so painting professionals are more readily available.
As a result, they might be able to charge a lower price than what they typically charge in busier times of the year like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are scheduled and don't have time for other appointments.
How long is the right interval for repainting the outer walls of my residence?
There are some glaring things to keep an eye out for, like chipped or cracked paint; however, there are also some less evident things that can create problems too. Painting an exterior is a pretty extensive project, so it's always a good idea to hire painting specialists.
What makes this hard for homeowners is there is no set deadline to repaint, since every property is different. Most professionals express that repainting will need to be done every five to ten years. This will be determined by other variables such as where you're located, climate, and how well the previous paint job was done.
Having recently become a homeowner, you could be in the dark about the last painting date of the house. It's highly advisable to try to find out, since possessing in-depth information about the paint job can be critical. The type of paint used, its quality, how many coats were applied, and even the color chosen can all affect its lifespan. It could be beneficial to know the time of year in which it was painted, since whether your house was painted on a sunny or cloudy day can affect how well the paint dries.
What kind of services does a residential painter provide?
Some of the services a vetted painter typically performs include:
- Choose Colors: If you're struggling to find the best colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can help you in this regard. This can save you time, and you can rely on the knowledge of your hired professional.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time adhering to surfaces that haven't been adequately cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service residential painter understands this and can take care of this prep work before painting starts.
- Identify Damages: As your residential painting service prepares for the paint job, they should be assessing surfaces for issues. A professional painting contractor will tell you if they notice things like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These damages must be fixed before the project can begin, of course. Your service may then direct you towards trustworthy contractors to make these repairs, or they could take care of it themselves.
- Do Light Fixes: The best painting contractors are proficient at performing such fixes. These include drywall repairs, rotted wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. When hiring a high-quality painter, you likely won't have to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has cleaned your home's surfaces, assessed for damage, and conducted necessary repairs, they can begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
Reliable Residential Painting Contractors Near in Chicago Ridge, IL
When you're looking for a dependable house painter in Chicago Ridge, IL, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the perfect contractor for your budget and needs. Painting your home is a great choice to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly boosting its curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively affordable and quick home improvement project that provides a great ROI in more ways than one.
The way a freshly painted home can boost your peace and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A skilled and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you have to reality or offer excellent recommendations about different paint types and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Some colors can even evoke a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and interior of your residence also features several practical advantages for its durability. Paint acts as a layer of defense to protect the wood from a range of issues caused by bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the leading causes of home decay, but the sealing ability of a good paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional work will beautify your house inside and out, notably increasing its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one tool that compiles all the necessary information to let you discover the best painting contractor for the job. Easily search through profiles of reputable painters in Chicago Ridge, IL and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique platform also enables you to directly message professional house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Explore Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your hunt for the pro who can deliver the quality and value you deserve.