Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Cicero, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why is cabinet refinishing a good investment for the look of my home?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more cost-effective than installing new ones and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or decayed, it could be more worthwhile to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If environmental sustainability is one of your biggest values, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better way to limit landfill trash by refreshing your existing cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a huge range of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is wholly unique and suits your sense of style.
- Trying To Get a Better Return on Investment: If you're preparing to sell your property, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively inexpensive project to enhance its appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets may already fit in perfectly with your kitchen's layout and provide ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal disruption to your daily life compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
Residents in Cicero, IL have communicated spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to picking cabinet refinishing, assess your specific needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to know if this project is right for you.
Which licenses or qualifications are good to look for in a cabinet refinishing contractor?
While there aren't industry-standard licenses designed for cabinet refinishing professionals, there are some qualifications and indicators of expertise that you can refer to when vetting someone to refinish your cabinets. Many of the best contractors will highlight any certifications in carpentry, woodworking, or a related skill on their Thumbtack profile.
You should ask the contractor you are considering hiring for photos of cabinets they have refinished for previous clients, especially for results that are similar to the style you're trying to achieve. Along with a portfolio, most professional contractors will showcase their experience and reputation through online customer reviews.
A dependable professional can provide a clear written estimate of the job before it starts, outlining the scope of services, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors should have exceptional communication skills and a readiness to answer any questions and concerns regarding budget, time, and quality during the refinishing project. You should also ask about any warranties or guarantees with the service, which is another indication that can demonstrate they have faith in the quality of their workmanship.
What is the professional way for refinishing cabinets?
An expert taking care of your cabinet refinishing project will adhere to an established process for efficiency and excellent results. There are generally several steps taken to transform the appearance of existing cabinets, for example:
- Assessment and Preparation: Cabinets should be first evaluated to ensure they are in proper condition for refinishing. If they are, any gear will be disassembled, including handles, knobs, and hinges, and all cabinet surfaces will be cleaned to remove any dirt, grease, or other contaminants.
- Repair and Fill: Some minor damage, like scratches, dings, or other imperfections in the wood will be repaired or filled to better blend in with staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Your choice of paint, stain, or finishing method will be applied in smooth, even coats to get the look you've envisioned. The drying and curing process will be crucial to giving a professional result, and could need several hours to complete.
- Reassembly: After the paint or stain has dried, any gear will be reattached and cabinets completely reassembled for use. A quality inspection will ensure the finished results meets your standards, which includes a final cleanup of the entire work area.
It's important to note that every refinishing process can vary based on things like the size of cabinets and the chosen finish. Additionally, professionals may employ specialized techniques, such as distressing or glazing, to achieve specific aesthetic results, which will require a longer process with more steps. Be sure to communicate directly with any contractor you employ to ensure they have the skill to bring your vision to life.
Why will cabinet refinishing be advantageous?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement project that many homeowners discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets instead of buying new ones is a good way to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of producing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases toxins into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly diminished when people choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than throw it out. A few other great perks of picking cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and putting in new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to dramatically switch up the aesthetic of your kitchen through relatively little work and resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and stress-free method to update their look compared to installing new ones. Because you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the hassle of having custom-made cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect high-quality outcomes when you hire an experienced contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is critical to make sure your cabinets look as you envisioned, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
One Place for All The Information Needed To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher in Cicero, IL Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is an ideal way to transform the aesthetic of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, including paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary perks, and many homeowners in Cicero, IL have reported spending up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your home in the process.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why many homeowners are beginning to refinish their cabinets instead of buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that aligns with eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service is much less chaotic to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're installed will likely face some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for anyone on a tight schedule.
When searching for an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their experience and reliability through pictures of their past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the simple-to-use Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Cicero, IL with confidence.