Find a pro in Clayton, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such an essential part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Clayton
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Clayton, Illinois
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Clayton, Illinois, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the experience you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free solution to hire the right contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our app.