Find a pro in Colchester, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a good time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a better time for services.
Many roofing contractors are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Colchester
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Colchester, Illinois
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Colchester, Illinois. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and find the best candidate for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.